Sellers with Little Feedback

shallot

Addicted to Mulberry
O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
I'm thinking of bidding on a bag from an international seller. The problem is that the seller only has 6 feedbacks - 5 of which are positive, the other is a neutral from a buyer. I really like this bag but I'm a bit hesitant about purchasing something like this from such a seller. They haven't sold any similar items in the past - mainly books etc. What would you do to ensure you weren't being ripped off?

I'd ask her a question (make one up) to see if she responds promptly. If you win the auction, make sure you pay with a credit card (American Express is my favorite). That way if something goes wrong you will be covered. Also, insist that she ship the item with some sort of tracking. Do not bid if she does not agree to that. Good luck!

Go with your gut feeling on this and maybe find another bag with a seller who has more feedback. I wouldnt risk it. I know we all have to start somewhere, but I would rather wait a while for my perfect bag than risk maybe getting a fake or having a newbie seller.

I'm thinking of bidding on a bag from an international seller. The problem is that the seller only has 6 feedbacks - 5 of which are positive, the other is a neutral from a buyer. I really like this bag but I'm a bit hesitant about purchasing something like this from such a seller. They haven't sold any similar items in the past - mainly books etc. What would you do to ensure you weren't being ripped off?

I'd be wary. If I buy off Ebay, i look for:

1. 100% or no less than 99% positive feedback.
2. About five or more years of history
3. Only one user ID name on file (check their ID history)
4. READ THEIR FEEDBACK!!! That is so important!
5. See what they're selling. If it's all recipies, books, and .99 stuff and they're selling only one expensive handbag, it's probably fake.

Be safe.

I know we all would prefer to buy from a seller with a lot of good feedback, but like some1 said, we all have to start somewhere. So if you want the item, yes I would bid.