Expandable Bag ... anyone know the dimensions?

I saw this bag in person and it is very large. I think the width was 37cm long and the width of the expandable with the flap was 40cm long. I had a discussion with my SA at Saks because I love the flap bag so much (which I did not see in person), but I think it may be just too big. And yes, it actually does expand. The zipper zips all the way around and the height increases by about 2 to 3".

In looking for the thread with a reference to blue, I've realized it's the smaller (pochette?) version I've been dreaming of; it's on the 2nd page of the pics schmoo thoughtfully posted:
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/pics-of-bergdorfs-chanel-spring-summer-07-lookbook-96263.html

I've not yet found again what I thought I remembered someone had reported - that Chanel itself was going to have the expandable in blue for Act 2 of S/S 07 -- so maybe that was wishful thinking on my part. Or a not-so-senior moment.

I saw this bag in person and it is very large. I think the width was 37cm long and the width of the expandable with the flap was 40cm long. I had a discussion with my SA at Saks because I love the flap bag so much (which I did not see in person), but I think it may be just too big. And yes, it actually does expand. The zipper zips all the way around and the height increases by about 2 to 3".

Thanks for the info! :yes:

In looking for the thread with a reference to blue, I've realized it's the smaller (pochette?) version I've been dreaming of; it's on the 2nd page of the pics schmoo thoughtfully posted

Believe it or not, the bag you referred to as the smaller one is actually bigger. It has a length of 40cm while the drawstring bag beside it has a length of about 37cm.

Also, I think Neiman's is getting the expandable collection in only black, white and beige, but Saks is getting these colors plus blush and blue, but don't quote me on that.

Believe it or not, the bag you referred to as the smaller one is actually bigger. It has a length of 40cm while the drawstring bag beside it has a length of about 37cm.

Also, I think Neiman's is getting the expandable collection in only black, white and beige, but Saks is getting these colors plus blush and blue, but don't quote me on that.

now according to that email from the SA in NY, the Expandable comes in THREE sizes ... I would think the pochette one IS actually smaller ... but I do understand what you are saying about the other two sizes!