Honestly...is it for the high or for the bag??

sushigirl

Jun 5, 2008
I ask because I wanted my first so bad! and, once I got it, I just wanted the next one. I wonder if because I got the first one sooner than expected, I needed another "carrot" to follow? or am I starting a collection?

I am known to buy something I love and go back for doubles, etc. because I am somewhat of a hoarder in the making. Or, does it mean I don't really love my first initial bag? (which I doubt since I love her so much!) So, after you've gotten your bag....do just keep going out lusting for more, or are you content with that bag..for the time being..or til the next "hunt"??

As soon as I have one... I start lusting after the next. Its not that I dont' love my new purchase (I do), but LV is like chocolate - once you start eating it, you can't stop!

There is a member here (I can't remember the name) that has a great quote in her signature from Epicurus:

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

Honestly I am like you, but when I like of this quote it brings me back.

There is a member here (I can't remember the name) that has a great quote in her signature from Epicurus:

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

love the quote!

It's one of the reasons i've slowed down, 'cos after i get it, then the searching, dreaming, waiting is done, over with. A bit of a letdown for me. So the chase is the thrill for me :smile:

I have been hunting aggressively for the past two years, and yes, the desire for a new arm candy is really quite insatiable! But I am slowing down now and only buy if I really love the style OR if I can sell one of the existing bags which is seldom used.

Although I love my bags, I love the chase and hunt too! It's so exciting to look at and find new bags. I'm always researching, comparing and even going to the boutique to try them on.
Sometimes I'm already looking at other bags when I haven't received one in the mail yet!:biggrin:
But over the past year or so I'm trying not to do any impulse buys. I really wait and research and think over/debate bags before I finally purchase them. And I've been selling the bags I don't use or love that much. I was able to purchase quite a few new goodies at the end of last year...:graucho:

That's DesigningStyle's signature and I always pause when I read it, too!

I love researching and thinking carefully about my next bag purchase. The anticipation is part of the whole experience for me.