Aquamarine Halo Ring

^ lol I completely get it! Pink diamonds instead of aquamarine! :tup::graucho:

I hate how the big mining companies play with the prices by making certain stones "rare"...
:pout:

Indeed it is rare, I remember 10 years ago aquamarine was easy to find, now it is gone. Does anyone know what happened?
That'd be horrible, selling blue topaz for aquamarine price :amazed:, topaz is so cheap.

I've wondered myself. A lot of gems (especially semi-precious) are rare now - aqua, emerald, tanzanite, ruby. My guess is there isn't a huge market since that isn't where the trends are so they simply don't mine it. So many people want diamonds and sapphires. And now with colored sapphires being so trendy, the other gems are being replaced. They figure, who wants a soft fragile emerald when they can get the same color in a sapphire? And birthstones were such a popular trend in the 80s/90s but not really trendy anymore. And diamonds, they are everywhere even though they are claimed as rare. But in actuality, the mines only release so many at a time to keep the price up. I personally would rather have something truly rare. Just me though.

Thanks everyone! Those birks links were really helpful... I didn't realize how pricey aquamarines are!

I went back to the jeweler today to play with the ring again :shame: I think it might look like blue topaz in certain lights, but the color isn't as much of a deep topaz-like blue IRL.

aquamod1.jpg

aquamod2.jpg

I LOVE the first ring. It is absolutely stunning. I was actually considering something similar to wear in lieu of my e-ring and switching it to my right hand when I want to wear my e-ring. That way my e-ring can "rest" while my rhr takes the brunt of daily wear and tear. What a wonderful idea!!

I LOVE the first ring. It is absolutely stunning. I was actually considering something similar to wear in lieu of my e-ring and switching it to my right hand when I want to wear my e-ring. That way my e-ring can "rest" while my rhr takes the brunt of daily wear and tear. What a wonderful idea!!

Yes I would love to do that, if I can find the perfect ring! What were you thinking of getting?

Here's another serious contender, with an 8mm center, for $675
http://applesofgold.com/GEMAQ-3.html

aquamarineringaog.jpg

But the first one really made my heart sing :cloud9:

This one is VERY pretty but I LOVE the first one! I think you should get the one you REALLY love ... especially when you're going to wear it all the time. If it was for cocktails I'd say do the less expensive one but OMG the colour on that first one and craftmanship is to die for!!!

LOVE the idea of aquamarine and diamonds... so summery/vacation-y!

OMG Khol I think you just gave me an argument to get Dh to buy me a yellow soleste ring one day... my e-ring has to have a "rest"! LOL! "Honey my solitaire is soooo tired... it really needs a break. But this yellow diamond soleste said it would do the job for a while..." That's awesome!!! :P