USPS tracking question when going to Canada

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
The latest on one of my packages coming from the US shows this update on the USPS website:

Out of Foreign Customs, May 23, 2011, 9:29 am, CANADA

Does that mean it's now out for delivery?? Does USPS stop tracking it once it's with Canada Post and/or does Canada Post scan it?

Just wondering how this works if anyone knows - it would be useful info for future shipping.

Thanks!

you can use the same tracking number and follow the package it on canadapost.ca now. USPS will only update once it's delivered. Now that it's left customs it will likely have to make atleast one more stop at a post office but it all depends on how far you are from customs, sometimes it will stop in multiple cities.

The latest on one of my packages coming from the US shows this update on the USPS website:

Out of Foreign Customs, May 23, 2011, 9:29 am, CANADA

Does that mean it's now out for delivery?? Does USPS stop tracking it once it's with Canada Post and/or does Canada Post scan it?

Just wondering how this works if anyone knows - it would be useful info for future shipping.

Thanks!

Thanks!! You are right, I just checked Canada Post and they have the info in their system now, cool!! It's not too far, hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. YAY!!!

A eBay seller actually told me about the check on canada post website thing and I was happy I was able to see it progress. I have had things stand in customs anywhere from a day to a week. Hopefully it does not get held long for you :smile:

Well I ordered 2 things - one on the 16th which still looks to be one day away from delivery - maybe 2 days; and one on the 18th which was just delivered - 7 days - that's pretty good!! Just priority too, not express.

But it is good to be able to track it for sure.