Should it Stay or Should it Go?

Should it Stay or Should it Go?

• Completely Worth It, Won't Find for Less - Definitely Keep!

• Not Such a Deal, You Can Do Better - Let it Go & Get it Later for Less

Results are only viewable after voting.

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I've never owned a BV bag or SLG, but I have always admired them. I'm usually drooling over the newest Marc Jacobs bags or dreaming of my next Celine, but that's never stopped me from checking out the BV bags, especially when there's a sale. I always figured if I happened to across something I absolutely loved, that would be the time to try them out.

This afternoon, I visited our local TJMaxx to check out the newest arrivals to the Runway department. They didn't have a lot of bags to choose from but they had a few SLGs, including two BV items. I purchased them both, knowing one of them was definitely a new addition to my collection, but still unsure about the second.

The one I'm unsure of I have learned, is the Titanium Intrecciato Ayers Cosmetic Case. What drew me to it immediately, was the gorgeous color (I'm a sucker for anything grey), but when I looked closer I noticed that it wasn't just made of leather, there was actual python skin woven through. It's truly a beautiful piece!! It was $359, which is more than I usually like to spend on accessory cases, but with a 30 day return policy, I figured I could bring it home, try it out and see if I liked it.

What I want to know is this -- was this a really good deal? I don't believe I would ever buy it at full price ($550), and while $359 is much better, it's not exactly what I'd call a "steal." But then again, it's BV, which I know uses wonderful leather and are normally extremely well made. Do you think I can find this piece (or something similar) for less than this? I see that it's still on the BV website -- do they ever mark their bags/SLGs down? Could they reduce it even lower than this? I not normally an impulse buyer and I usually won't buy things unless I'm absolutely drawn to it and I know that I will continue thinking about it after I leave the store.

I'm always impressed with designers that have strong reputations and are made to last forever. I'm always hearing such positive, wonderful things about BV bags and I can tell these things are very well made. I'm very pleased with the other item I bought (a small wallet in the prettiest shade of blue!), and while I do love this case I'm not convinced that it was the "smartest" buy

TIA for your thoughts and opinions!!:flowers:

attachment.php

I'd keep it.
If you ever run into something a bit cheaper (I doubt it when it has python skin), than it wouldn't be worth all the trouble of searching for it.
This is a gorgious piece for a good price! Enjoy it, it's very versatile and great as a clutch too!

I'd keep it.
If you ever run into something a bit cheaper (I doubt it when it has python skin), than it wouldn't be worth all the trouble of searching for it.
This is a gorgious piece for a good price! Enjoy it, it's very versatile and great as a clutch too!
It's beautiful! With care, BV will never give you trouble but will only soften and make you love it even more than the day you bought it.

That is gorgeous - keep it. Don't think you'd have any regrets down the road. I agree, $550 for a makeup bag is a little high for me but I would keep it at the price you got it for. ENJOY!

I'd return it: it's too much money for something that you seem to have doubts about. Who knows what the next season will bring? You may find something that you really love!

Good luck in your decision :smile:

I'm amazed that you found it at TJMaxx, especially because it's a current season item!

Its very unlikely that BV would mark it down lower than the price you paid--if it gets marked down at all. They don't mark every item down, and this might be among the exceptions because it has an exotic skin in it. But I'm not clairvoyant, either--this is just my guess.

Keep it only if you love it and nothing less expensive will do. I think you got a good price for it (assuming it's totally legit), but if you're not absolutely sure about it, or if you'd be actually happier with one of the classic nappa leather pieces, or with a different brand of cosmetic case, etc., then I think $359 is too much to pay for it.

It's beautiful! With care, BV will never give you trouble but will only soften and make you love it even more than the day you bought it.

I would emphasize "with care" here, given that this case is partially exotic skin. I haven't seen this one in person, but I'd be especially careful of using it around water, and I'm not sure whether it would soften as much as a nappa leather piece would.

Also, by the way, I don't think it's python. The description calls it "Ayers."

http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...-veneta-leather-guide-418845.html#post9573369

Good luck deciding!

Ayers is a snake from Indonesia I think
This cosemtic is gorgeous
you could carry it as a clutch also
wow you found it at TJ's what a find
I know in NYC and other big city's people have told me they find BV but not so current
that is amazing
I bet corporate would like to know about that!

First of all, I'd like to say it's a beautiful piece and an awesome find!

Now, if your question is whether it's worth the money, that's something only you will know.
Since from what you stated, the price is more than what you'd pay normally for an accessory, you're leaning on the "don't keep it" side. It's a beautifully made piece, with authentic leather and real snake skin...yes, that it is. But besides that, is it the color that you absolutely love, and does it match your daily needs? If the answer is still yes, then by all means, keep it because you will continuously use it for a long long time and that by itself will outweigh the price.(I'm sure you know that concept; buying one cheap bag that breaks and rebuying another cheap bag just doesn't come out on top of what you spend on one expensive but well-made bag).

For me personally, I've tried many designer cosmetic bags to find out in the end that I'd rather use a cheaper yet pretty bag(that either comes free with the cosmetic/fragrance, or a cute HK bag) because of less maintenance.(I'm pretty an*l when it comes to keeping my bags clean). I will pull my hair out even if a dab of lip gloss leaks!!! :sweatdrop:

I hope this helps with your dilemma. Good luck deciding. :hugs:

I think you should keep it - it sounds like you are just wavering because you are not sure if it is a REALLY good deal, and I am pretty sure you are not going to find it any cheaper anywhere, especialy at BV, for a long time - if ever. It it a beautiful piece and if you are in love with it otherwise then keep it - but if your doubts go beyond just the price then let it go - I am a firm believer in not buying something you don't love just because it is on sale.

I am also blown away that there is something from the current collection at TJMaxx!

It is nice but I personally wouldnt get on with it because I dont carry a clutch. But it I did it would be on my list!!

We have T K Maxx in UK, I have bought 3 BVs in the last month from there, one went back. I kept an ebano flap and an ebano mini capri bag. I love T K Maxx