Review Kérastase ELIXIR ULTIME

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
***HOLY GRAIL alert!***
lol! Seriously, this is THE best oil I've ever put in my hair. 2 words: amazeballs.

homepromo_kerastase_elixir_22oct10.jpg

You can use it as a pre-shampoo to really nourish damaged hair, use it damp before drying or a little after for shine. Best product in my bathroom right now.

http://www.kerastase-usa.com/_en/_u...stase ultime&gclid=CL2qkeas8qgCFcZe2godtnZDDg
from website:
BENEFITS
Elixir Ultime delivers a powerful cocktail of emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine and suppleness while promoting cellular renewal.
The elixir brings shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair while smoothing the hair fiber, resulting in incredible shine. The multi-use elixir also helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors.
APPLICATION
Multi-Use Beautifying Product:
This product can be used before cleansing to remove impurities and deeply nourish.
Elixir can be administered to damp hair for intense conditioning.
Utilize before blow-drying for additional protection and shine.
Add product as a finishing touch for enhanced shine and frizz-control.
Apply multi-use elixir to dry ends throughout the day for ultimate smoothness.
TECHNOLOGY
Featuring Oléo-Complexe Technology a powerful cocktail of emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients from Maize, Pracaxi, Camellia and Argan oils.

Maize Oil extracted from corn germs of Central America, Maize Oil delivers emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine.

Pracaxi Oil native to the Amazon, Pracaxi Oil brings shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair.

Camellia Oil harvested in Asia, Camellia Oil helps smooth the hair fiber, resulting in incredible shine.

Argan Oil from North Africa, Argan Oil helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors.

I like it too! I just use one drop before blow drying. Smoothes and shines things out without adding greasiness.

It does vaguely remind me of Avedas Brilliant serum from yesteryear, but that's a good thing...:cool:

This sounds amazing. I have always wanted to try Kerastase but was held back by the price tag. My hair is so damaged from hot iron and curler, I really need something very moisturizing.

I asked my hairdresser (who has a Loreal salon) about this last week when she cut my hair and she used it on me after my haircut.

I have very thick, dry, colour treated hair and no product is ever too oily for me!

I currently use a combo of Moroccan Oil (for smoothness) and Kerastase Nectar Thermique (for heat protection) before blow drying.

My hairdresser has been using the Elixir Ultime for a while now, but loves the smoothness it gives, but warned me that she doesn't think there is enough heat protection in it and advises that anyone using it do so in conjunction with a product that protects against heat styling as well.

How are you finding it for heat protection?

I don't use it for heat protection at all.
CVS is NOT authorized to sell it, could be old, counterfeit/fake, improperly stored/ineffective, etc. . .

I'd buy it online, they send samples if you do :biggrin: