Calf Club! < Share your PAPIER bags and accessories >

ehemelay

O.G.
Apr 30, 2009
My goal for 2011 is to reduce my collection to a more manageable size, eliminating redundancies while focusing on neutral colors and versatile styles that I can carry again and again.

Amidst that effort, I stumbled upon the Papier line and couldn't resist. The leather is so dense, soft, and crisp-looking! I tried on a few different styles at NM and began a mad search for the perfect Papier. I found it a few weeks ago, and I've managed to carry it almost every other day since.

Are there any other Papier fans out there? This style is the Kraft, which is very similar to a Maxi Twiggy. The handles and shoulder strap are more delicate-looking, but they are equally sturdy as you find on a Moto bag. One of my favorite features is the suede inner lining - complete with two cell phone pockets (the only thing that's really missing from the Moto line, in my opinion). The smooth calfskin has a great saturated color, and I feel like it has a more understated/conservative look that is perfect for carrying to the office. The tassles are cut short, for a more tailored look.

~ Excuse the messy hotel room photos - the only mirrors here are in the wash room ~

'11 Navy Papier Kraft:
1305220072.jpg

1305220237.jpg

1305220219.jpg

1305220207.jpg

Hanging on a chair, by the shoulder strap:
1305220145.jpg

The handles are adjustable - I have them on the longest length and they are very comfortable for carrying both as a tote and a shoulder bag:

1305220191.jpg

1305220172.jpg

i love the look of the style and the leather looks amazing, but to me the straps seem like they would "cut" into your shoulder if you carried too much stuff. are they comfortable?
the larger papier bags remind me of the GOYARD tote.
"city of light" posted a clutch that was just adorable.

i'm going to have to check this style out!

Reactions: kramer125
i love the look of the style and the leather looks amazing, but to me the straps seem like they would "cut" into your shoulder if you carried too much stuff. are they comfortable?
the larger papier bags remind me of the GOYARD tote.
"city of light" posted a clutch that was just adorable.

i'm going to have to check this style out!

I find the handles very comfortable. Your observation hadn't occurred to me, but I see what you mean. The thin, rolled material looks like it could "dig." I've worn this 6 or 7 times and haven't had any problems. In fact, I have noticed that it stays put on my shoulder more easily than the braided handles on any of my Moto bags.

I also considered one of the large Papier totes, but they are truly totes in that the handles aren't long enough to carry on the shoulder. For me, that's a deal-breaker. I need my hands free!

Anyone has more to add to this club? Very interested in the papier range, especially the mini papier! I think it'll look great with girly dresses. Also, I just realized from the thread title that its calf leather? Is it any different from the usual Bal bags in terms of durability and fading?

Thank you : ) I JUST got her this week actually, from Neiman's. I first saw the red w/o the top zip and then the SA showed me this lovely neutral called "Tomette" and that was it. Sold. The Neiman's site shows it as an A5 which seems to be fairly big since I'm only 5'1. But since it's slouchy I don't mind as much.

Pumping up this thread ! Papier range seems to be underrated.

Used to "neh" about it. But ever since i got one, im in love with the style & the durability of the leather :biggrin:

Presenting my Papier collections ;)

Attachments

• 20150703_141041_resized.jpg
    20150703_141041_resized.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 528
  • 20160209_142925_resized.jpg
    20160209_142925_resized.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 547
  • Screenshot_2016-02-09-15-24-41_resized.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-09-15-24-41_resized.png
    535.6 KB · Views: 535
  • 1455002135302.jpg
    1455002135302.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 545
Pumping up this thread ! Papier range seems to be underrated.

Used to "neh" about it. But ever since i got one, im in love with the style & the durability of the leather :biggrin:

Presenting my Papier collections ;)

Beautiful collection , peacebabe !

My love for the papier is growing unstoppable .
Alexander, thank you so much for the zippers :hbeat:

Reactions: peacebabe