Large KEEP ALL v. Large PS1

ehemelay

O.G.
Apr 30, 2009
I've tried several search terms and I can't come up with any comparison photos, or opinions from anyone who owns both bags.

I want a large, professional/conservative tote that I can carry easily from work to casual occasions (sort of a "day to night" bag, but a BIG one).

I'm debating between a Large Keep All and one of the Balenciaga Papier Totes. Whichever I choose, I'll buy it in basic black. I have several Bals and although I love the Moto line for everyday and evening, sometimes I feel a little conspicuous when I carry Bbags to the office (which for me is a rare occasion, but still). I recently bought a navy Bbag from the Papier line and I love it! The smooth, dense leather is different from what usually attracts me to Bal - but it is perfect for those more conservative occasions. So, a Papier tote may fit the bill. BUT - none of the Papier totes have a long enough strap drop that I could comfortably carry over my shoulder when wearing a winter coat.

I've seen a few photos here and there of the Large Keep All, and it seems like just what I'm looking for. The smooth leather, the simple design, the longer straps. Reading some of the posts here, though, I get the impression that the leather on the Keep All is less dense than the PS1. Can anyone who owns both bags comment? Also, does the Keep All feature as many handy compartments as the PS1?

Last, I would definitely choose a Large Keep All because I am usually away from home/hotel all day and need to carry a lot with me. I can read the dimensions, but you know that doesn't always tell the whole story. Can anyone comment whether the Large Keep All would totally overwhelm me? I'm about 5'2", US size 4, and I usually achieve a couple of extra inches with heels. I'm not afraid of a big bag, but I don't want to look like a clown. I found some photos that compare the Large Keep All with the smaller version, and a comparison of the Large Keep All with the Medium PS1 ~ but couldn't locate a comparison of the Large Keep All with the Large PS1.

Your thoughts and photos will be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey girl, if you can wait until tomorrow afternoon, I'll take some photographs of my large Keep All's interior. I can tell you now that inside, there is a large zipped compartment on one side, and two smaller ones on the other (big enough for a blackberry/Iphone). And as you well know from photographs, there is large compartment on the bag's exterior. Unlike the PS1 however, the back has no zipped compartment on the backside. I like that nice, clean look on the back. The bag is indeed large, but it really never seems TOO big. It looks fabulous whether it's carrying two items, or half the world inside of it, and you have the option of wearing it on the shoulder, crook of the arm, or by hand. I should mention that unlike you, I'm quite tall.. Almost 5'11! But I'm also very thin, and the bag doesn't overwhelm my frame. Are there no comparison pics with a large PS1 on the side by side comparison thread in the reference section? That's too bad. Anyway, there's a little information to hold you over until tomorrow. I'll try and do my best to help you get informed!

^ ^ ^ Thank you, Micole! That would be fantastic.

I found pics of the Large Keep All compared to the Medium PS1, but no Large v. Large. I suppose that, size-wise, they are very similar. But the base of the Keep All seems wider to me. I suspect the the Large Keep All has more capacity than the Large PS1, but I'm not sure...

I found only one interior photo of the Keep All, on Net-a-Porter, but it wasn't very helpful.

PART 1

Okay bellas, here we go! I've taken quite a number of pics, so I'm breaking this up into two parts. This first part showcases the bag when empty, including both sides of the interior. As you can see, I've also included a picture of the back exterior.. To be continued..

Attachments

• DSC00394.jpg
    DSC00394.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 432
  • DSC00395.jpg
    DSC00395.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00396.jpg
    DSC00396.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC00397.jpg
    DSC00397.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC00398.jpg
    DSC00398.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 314
PART 2

This series includes shots of the front compartment, and some of the bag when filled to the brim. The first mod shot is when worn empty, the second is when worn full. What I put inside: Paris Vogue, Cosmo, a 500+ page hardcover novel, large scarf, full makeup bag (hidden in there somewhere!), credit card holder/keychain, change purse, and brush. Please advise if I can take more specific kinds of photos that may be helpful to any of you!

Attachments

• DSC00402.jpg
    DSC00402.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC00401.jpg
    DSC00401.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 614
  • DSC00400.jpg
    DSC00400.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00399.jpg
    DSC00399.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00404.jpg
    DSC00404.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 397
Thank you so much, Micole!!

I think that the Large Keep All is exactly what I'm looking for. It's simple but elegant, and I can't get over all the storage. The compartments remind me so much of my PS1s.

I can't wait to order one in Black!

Great pics Micole!! And, I have to say, I love that scarf, it is so me, I think we are the blue and grey girls! Haha! Where is it from? I can get my friends in T.O. to send me one if necessary!!

Great pics Micole!! And, I have to say, I love that scarf, it is so me, I think we are the blue and grey girls! Haha! Where is it from? I can get my friends in T.O. to send me one if necessary!!

Thank you so much debi!! I have a feeling we each have lots of pieces the other would covet! It's a Sarti scarf and you can find them at TNT in Toronto. One of my best friends works there and if you like, I can ask her what they have at the moment! I can't stop buying greys and blues!!

Thank you so much, Micole!!

I think that the Large Keep All is exactly what I'm looking for. It's simple but elegant, and I can't get over all the storage. The compartments remind me so much of my PS1s.

I can't wait to order one in Black!

I'm so glad my pictures were helpful, and I really think you'll be thrilled with the Keep All. It's just as you described, simple but elegant. Timeless really! You must share pics when you get it!

Thank you so much debi!! I have a feeling we each have lots of pieces the other would covet! It's a Sarti scarf and you can find them at TNT in Toronto. One of my best friends works there and if you like, I can ask her what they have at the moment! I can't stop buying greys and blues!!

You know that is funny, I didn't recognise the brand but when I did a search I realised that I have looked at Sarti scarves on the Browns website before and liked them. Strange eh?

Love TNT, how handy to have a friend working there!! Thanks for the offer but it seems I can get them here!

I'm the same with grey and blue. I'm just drawn to them. I've got my eye on a Denis Colomb thick striped navy and cream summer scarf at the moment but it's pretty expensive.... can't stop thinking about it though, which usually means I will end up getting it....

You know that is funny, I didn't recognise the brand but when I did a search I realised that I have looked at Sarti scarves on the Browns website before and liked them. Strange eh?

Love TNT, how handy to have a friend working there!! Thanks for the offer but it seems I can get them here!

I'm the same with grey and blue. I'm just drawn to them. I've got my eye on a Denis Colomb thick striped navy and cream summer scarf at the moment but it's pretty expensive.... can't stop thinking about it though, which usually means I will end up getting it....

You know you want something when it haunts you. I'm the same way.. I just looked at some of the Denis Colomb scarves online and of course, saw some I adored. See that dress hanging up in the background of those pics? All various shades of blue and grey. I don't even put it in my closet because it's like a beautiful painting on silk!
You were right about the Birch by the way. It was indeed a SS11 shade. I really should wait anyway, so I'm going to see if any of the places I'd feel comfortable ordering from get any more by season's end.

Micole --- Thanks for these beautiful shots..... very very helpful! I've been wondering what the keepall looks like inside. Your photos have convinced me even more to add the Large Keepall to my collection! Now.... if I can just find the large Midnight!

Micole --- Thanks for these beautiful shots..... very very helpful! I've been wondering what the keepall looks like inside. Your photos have convinced me even more to add the Large Keepall to my collection! Now.... if I can just find the large Midnight!

I feel like I managed to get the very last one available at the time! I haven't seen it anywhere since.. Anywhere!! You really should have a Keep All. You've been wanting/considering it for a while now, and I'm happy my pictures were helpful to you.