Did I just ruin my belt? (Scuff mark on brass... what do I do?)

EmilyK

Somewhat in control
Jan 7, 2007
So, as you guys know, I have this belt:

newbelt2.jpg

I have worn it around three times, including today.

I just got home from work and took it off, and it's... SCRATCHED. I don't mean like a long, deep scratch... it's... scuffed. There we go, that's exactly the word I'm looking for. There's a mark around the size of a dime, on the bottom right of the buckle. It makes my belt look like absolute crap. :cursing:

I am so ticked off. I don't know how it happened. If I knew this belt were that fragile, I wouldn't have gotten it. :s

Can you "buff" it out? :idea: According to the site, it's made of brass. It's definitely not deep... when I run my fingertip across the surface, I can't feel it. I can feel it when I run my nail across it, though.

So - what do I do? Do you think LV could replace the buckle? Am I out a belt? I can't wear it with the scuff... it looks dirty.

Ugh, I'm totally bummed now. What a crappy way to feel Friday night. :crybaby:

oh i remember when you got it. it looks so amazing on you. honestly can you see it when you're wearing it or would someone need to be up in your c#$^%/& to tell? because if you can't really see it unless it's close i wouldn't worry about it.

Oh, thank God.

I put my Dad on the case and he got it mostly off with Brass cleaner. I also read online that you can use a very fine grade automotive rubbing compount to remove light scuffs on brass...

Jesus, I almost had a heart attack thinking I ruined my belt!!!

oh i remember when you got it. it looks so amazing on you. honestly can you see it when you're wearing it or would someone need to be up in your c#$^%/& to tell? because if you can't really see it unless it's close i wouldn't worry about it.

LOL! Em, don't wear it next weekend! :yahoo: