Has anyone ever brought a "defective" bag back to BalNY or BalParis?

I don't know if I'd say that fading is a defect, it's a natural reaction by leather to elements such as heat and sunlight. With studs that fall out...I think maybe if it falls out within the first few days it would be a defect and they won't charge you for the repair. I once asked about the warranty period and they said that after a year it was at their discretion...

I don't know if I'd say that fading is a defect, it's a natural reaction by leather to elements such as heat and sunlight. With studs that fall out...I think maybe if it falls out within the first few days it would be a defect and they won't charge you for the repair. I once asked about the warranty period and they said that after a year it was at their discretion...

thanks for the info!

Thanks everyone for your info! I just bought a Burgundy city on eBay with a patch of fading on the back, and while it doesn't bother me that much, it didn't look like "natural" fading to me as it was just a patch, and the leather on the faded bit actually FEELS different from the rest of the bag (much softer?) .... Thought it might be worthwhile to step into BALNY or BALPARIS just to see what they say... what do you guys think?

Thanks everyone for your info! I just bought a Burgundy city on eBay with a patch of fading on the back, and while it doesn't bother me that much, it didn't look like "natural" fading to me as it was just a patch, and the leather on the faded bit actually FEELS different from the rest of the bag (much softer?) .... Thought it might be worthwhile to step into BALNY or BALPARIS just to see what they say... what do you guys think?

if you're in the area, it wouldn't hurt to stop into a bal store and ask about the fading patch. chances are, though, that since you bought the bag on ebay, they won't be able to help you. lovin my bags or artbag (sp?) might be able to repair the spot.

No, it wasn't the seller's fault as she mentioned it (actually to be honest I didn't even READ the listing, it was 2am and it was such a GORGEOUS color) - still is! It's ok, as I said I'm not too fussed about it ... however I will stop by both Bal NY (be there in April) and Bal Paris (be there end Feb/March) and see what they say - can't hurt!

Has anyone else btw seen just one patch of their bags fade???