*My DH is an ANGEL, but once again...*

etk123

Call me Kiki
O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
On mothers day I woke up to a huge and very familiar box! I couldn't imagine what it was as I'm not planning on a new bag until the fall. So my DH has this huge grin on his face as I open it. It was a Cabas Promenade pm! I was completely shocked. He goes on to tell me of all the aggravation he had getting it in time for mothers day. He had ordered it online with overnight priority shipping last Wednesday and it has not arrived yet as they sent it standard shipping. So he had a big scramble to find a boutique close by that had it then went and got it. The original one should arrive today. It's a great bag, but I just don't love it at all. I know he wants me to use it as an everyday bag. But for as cute as it is, it has palm trees and is very tropical looking, and we live in NJ! I don't know what to do, he said exchange it if I want, but I feel sooo bad. He recently gave me a Blanc Vernis Brea that I exchanged, it just wasn't practical for our lifestyle. In my heart I'd love to exchange it for Rouge Fauviste Alma. But also I don't have any LE bags, and would love to own one. Oh what should I do?? I would really appreciate honest opinions. Tia!! :smile:

My honest opinion is to keep it - it was a thoughtful gift from your husband.

You said he had a huge grin on his face when you opened it, so he really was hoping you would love it. Don't swap it and run the risk that he will stop choosing special gifts for you.

It sounds as though he loves to spoil you, so I'm sure the Alma will be yours in the future.

Enjoy your new summer tote and wear it with pride!!! :sunshine:

my honest opinion is to keep it - it was a thoughtful gift from your husband.

You said he had a huge grin on his face when you opened it, so he really was hoping you would love it. Don't swap it and run the risk that he will stop choosing special gifts for you.

It sounds as though he loves to spoil you, so i'm sure the alma will be yours in the future.

ita

It sounds as though he loves to spoil you, so I'm sure the Alma will be yours in the future.

i agree as well.

yup keep it...

last time i got a wallet for hubby and i really thought it is a great gift, ended up i had to change it to another wallet that he's been eyeing on for quite some time, i should have just bought that but i thought to go for something a bit different at that time..

the feeling wasn't that good as i spent time and effort to choose something for him yet he does not like it that much, so as long as you like your new bag, just keep it..

Yes, you're right! Thank you for putting it in perspective for me. I'll be wearing it with a huge smile on my face :biggrin:

yup keep it...

last time i got a wallet for hubby and i really thought it is a great gift, ended up i had to change it to another wallet that he's been eyeing on for quite some time, i should have just bought that but i thought to go for something a bit different at that time..

the feeling wasn't that good as i spent time and effort to choose something for him yet he does not like it that much, so as long as you like your new bag, just keep it..

Yep, I need to keep it. He put a lot of effort into getting it. Thanks!

i understand your wanting to keep the bag; it was a very thoughtful gift. however if i were your dh i would want you to have a bag you truly loved. so i say exchange it. i really hate waste and always appreciate it if someone i give a gift to exchanges it rather that not really enjoy it. that really is why you give a gift. besides seems like your dh is ok with exchanges.

ITA! What a sweet DH do want to make you so happy! I bet that once you associate it with your DH's thoughtfulness, you will really grow to love that bag! And it's a really cheerful summer bag!

I just took a quick glance through my closet, the bag will look adorable with a bunch of summer outfits I have. Ok, I'm really feeling better about it now. Thank you for all the kind advice!

On mothers day I woke up to a huge and very familiar box! I couldn't imagine what it was as I'm not planning on a new bag until the fall. So my DH has this huge grin on his face as I open it. It was a Cabas Promenade pm! I was completely shocked. He goes on to tell me of all the aggravation he had getting it in time for mothers day. He had ordered it online with overnight priority shipping last Wednesday and it has not arrived yet as they sent it standard shipping. So he had a big scramble to find a boutique close by that had it then went and got it. The original one should arrive today. It's a great bag, but I just don't love it at all. I know he wants me to use it as an everyday bag. But for as cute as it is, it has palm trees and is very tropical looking, and we live in NJ! I don't know what to do, he said exchange it if I want, but I feel sooo bad. He recently gave me a Blanc Vernis Brea that I exchanged, it just wasn't practical for our lifestyle. In my heart I'd love to exchange it for Rouge Fauviste Alma. But also I don't have any LE bags, and would love to own one. Oh what should I do?? I would really appreciate honest opinions. Tia!! :smile:

I would keep it as like you said you changed a gift once already, he put the effort into the gift and also extra effort to get one in time for mothers day so you should be proud to carry something so special that your husband went out of his way to get for you.
By the way it is a unique bag and will be a great summer bag:smile:
Congrats post pics please i would love to see your new LoVe