Please help me decide!!

dolphins59

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Hello,

I am a long time lurker not posting very much but I need some opinions please:smile:!! I have started to love layering necklaces!! I am not afraid to mix colors or styles and what I have put together is all I want. (Maybe)! And i just want to wear them all together sometimes and others maybe only 1 or 2. Here is a pic of what I have:

necklace 1.JPG

necklace 2.JPG

The problem I have is the DBTY yellow diamond pear pendant. I love but I really also like the Victoria pendant but feel that the yellow adds more color in the mix. Just for reference the yellow diamond is .35 and the legacy is .35. the DBTY (which is not Tiffanys) is .20 tcw. So basically I can't decide between the pear or the Victoria. If I went with the Victoria I would probably go with the mini or the .36 one because I would also like to get the Tiffany seahorse charm!! I would love to know what everyones thinks!! TIA!! :biggrin:

My opinion is not going to help you much because I don't like layering necklaces. I think one beautiful necklace by itself is very classy. If you are wondering whether to go for the Victoria or the yellow pear, I think they both look wonderful so you can't go wrong with either. Though I am leaning towards the yellow diamond. =)

It's good to be excited!

I would just keep going with the yellow pear, I like your look! Do they get tangled?

Thank you:smile: I really do love the yellow pear too and the whole look together! They don't really get tangled as much I am constantly having to turn the clasp around to the back. I wish their was a way to hook the all the clasps together so i wasnt having to move them each back all the time! Which just gave me an idea! I will have to try it out tonight when I get home! I also need to get the chain shortened on the pear although I think I may opt to have a ring put on it so I can shorten or wear it longer!

I made a thing once for that. I just connected a big but thin jump loop to the botttom of a clasp. I hooked all the necklace clasps to the jump ring and used the one clasp to go through all the necklaces looks. It worked awesome.

I think the pear is my favorite of all the necklaces and looks AWESOME in that mix!

I made a thing once for that. I just connected a big but thin jump loop to the botttom of a clasp. I hooked all the necklace clasps to the jump ring and used the one clasp to go through all the necklaces looks. It worked awesome.

I think the pear is my favorite of all the necklaces and looks AWESOME in that mix!

Thank you so much!!! :biggrin: And that was the idea I had--using a jump ring or some sort of small round ring. Unfortunately I haven't had any time to play around with it tonight. I have decided to keep the pear thanks to the kind opinions I have gotten on here and from my sister. I can always add the Victoria later:graucho:. My favorite is the legacy pendant but I think the pear comes in second!! I really debated about getting a yellow diamond elsewhere but I just love how delicate Tiffany's makes their settings :smile: Oh and I was told that prices are going up after Mothers day:shucks:.

Hello,

I am a long time lurker not posting very much but I need some opinions please:smile:!! I have started to love layering necklaces!! I am not afraid to mix colors or styles and what I have put together is all I want. (Maybe)! And i just want to wear them all together sometimes and others maybe only 1 or 2. Here is a pic of what I have:

View attachment 1397801

View attachment 1397802

The problem I have is the DBTY yellow diamond pear pendant. I love but I really also like the Victoria pendant but feel that the yellow adds more color in the mix. Just for reference the yellow diamond is .35 and the legacy is .35. the DBTY (which is not Tiffanys) is .20 tcw. So basically I can't decide between the pear or the Victoria. If I went with the Victoria I would probably go with the mini or the .36 one because I would also like to get the Tiffany seahorse charm!! I would love to know what everyones thinks!! TIA!! :biggrin:

Are you going to extend the Victoria or shorten it? I love layering; however, I feel that you have on a lot of pieces similar in length. Maybe you should choose something like a Key on a 20 inch chain. This way you have a chain to vary. I know from my own personal collection, I do not have many pieces longer than 16 inches, making it hard to mix and match. Plus, you can put the seahorse and maybe Octopus on the chain giving a sea themed neck :smile:.

Are you going to extend the Victoria or shorten it? I love layering; however, I feel that you have on a lot of pieces similar in length. Maybe you should choose something like a Key on a 20 inch chain. This way you have a chain to vary. I know from my own personal collection, I do not have many pieces longer than 16 inches, making it hard to mix and match. Plus, you can put the seahorse and maybe Octopus on the chain giving a sea themed neck :smile:.

I don't actually own the victoria. I went to buy it but then I looked at the yellow pear and decided to get it instead but I keep thinking about the victoria. I think I am going to keep the yellow pear though and maybe get the victoria later! As far as lengths the yellow pear I was going to shorten and the DBTY and the legacy are the same length. I added an extender to the starfish. i don't like to wear longer than 18 inch because I am a little busty so I don't like to draw too much attention to that area :smile: But I do think maybe they are all a little too close together. I do have a the platinum vintage oval key that I sometimes wear on either a 17 inch or 18 inch chain.Oh and I love that octopus too!!!! I went ahead and got the seahorse today so I CANNOT buy ANYTHING else:graucho:. Thank you so much for your opinion :smile: I have heard you are the Tiffany expert:biggrin: