Instant review of my new Alma BB and a small concern about the length of the strap

Jan 7, 2011
alright finally i got my Alma bb after looking for it on the net for a good 6 months.. I am a bit slow and when I wanted to get it in RF, it's already Jan 2011 and we had it sold out in Singapore for a long time..

so i've been waiting for this bag for a long long time and bought it on 1st of May and that's the only piece in the store i went to, the whole singapore left with 1 more piece when i bought it according to SA. So i must be extremely happy about it since all the SAs at the store kept commenting that i am so lucky to own it..

now here comes the prob, i did tried it on at the store before i got it, and in fact at that moment i was a bit hesitant about the strap length but i could not be bothered too much since i've been waiting for it for so long.. But this morning i took it out from the box for the first time to try it again, and i was right, the strap length is really not as long as i expected. Saw some other modeling photos and it looks so cute hanging around the hip area, but for me, it's at my waistline and that make me feel so.. weird..

i still love the design of the bag but the crossbody carrying way might not be suitable for me, i guess it is because i have longer body shorter legs, and wide shoulders and fat upper body.. I am 162cm tall (about 5.3").. seen models taller than me but can carry it very nicely.. so just post my photos for your reference, i do not have the measurement of the strap at the moment..

Attachments

• almabb.jpg
    almabb.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 21,475
Hi, greeting from Singapore !!! Which boutique did u get yr Alma BB ?I got mine at ION on 1st May, 3pm to be exact and it was the last piece too. Luckily my SA reserve for me. Otherwise I might have missed it again ! u r right, it seems long enough for me when I tried at the boutique but feel slightly shorter when I tried at home. But it's still at my hip because I'm about 159cm tall. Your second pic looks fine though. May be it's the position of the strap on yr shoulder ??

Thanks for the modeling pictures. How is it if you wear it on your shoulder rather than cross body? It looks like it might be perfect in that configuration (although that might not be what you were hoping for.) Either way, I think it looks terrific on you. On me, the strap seems a bit too long and I prefer your look a 100x more than how it looks on me so enjoy! (I've been going hand held instead)

Reactions: onlyk
Hi, greeting from Singapore !!! Which boutique did u get yr Alma BB ?I got mine at ION on 1st May, 3pm to be exact and it was the last piece too. Luckily my SA reserve for me. Otherwise I might have missed it again ! u r right, it seems long enough for me when I tried at the boutique but feel slightly shorter when I tried at home. But it's still at my hip because I'm about 159cm tall. Your second pic looks fine though. May be it's the position of the strap on yr shoulder ??

i got it at ION at 11am, but i guess they meant last piece that is not being reserved then, LOL..

i also think 2nd pic is not that bad but maybe that's because i am not standing straight.. yup position of strap on shoulder might be one reason but seems really tough to position it nicely..

I wonder if a longer strap was used for the models. It does look pretty on you, any chance you can get a longer strap?

not sure about if i could get a longer strap, i assume not that easy.. i also wondered if they used longer strap for models, but when i looked at this modeling photo from sixela in our forum, i believe the length is the same, just that i am way fatter than her, kekee...

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-reference-library/alma-bbs-comeback-676952-5.html

Thanks for the modeling pictures. How is it if you wear it on your shoulder rather than cross body? It looks like it might be perfect in that configuration (although that might not be what you were hoping for.) Either way, I think it looks terrific on you. On me, the strap seems a bit too long and I prefer your look a 100x more than how it looks on me so enjoy! (I've been going hand held instead)

Thanks so much and that's so sweet of you, you make me feel better but still, i think it looks way nicer if it hangs around hip area.. but i might be hand carry it most of the time.. i prefer shorter strap if i do shoulder carry and longer strap if cross body carry.. so guess hand carry is the only solution i have then, LOL..

I felt like it was a little shorter than I wanted when i bought mine but I still love the BB, and I think it looks great on you! There is nothing fat about your upper body and it looks really nice on you! Keep it!!!!!!!!

i got it at ION at 11am, but i guess they meant last piece that is not being reserved then, LOL..

i also think 2nd pic is not that bad but maybe that's because i am not standing straight.. yup position of strap on shoulder might be one reason but seems really tough to position it nicely..

Oh so the owners of the only 2 pieces at ION are u and me. LOL. How lucky !

Sometimes the bag slanted a little when I walk so occassionaly I have to adjust the strap so it's positioning properly. ;)

BTW, can u find the date code ? I tried but failed.

GearGirly & Crazy Bag,

You two are just so kind!! thanks and guess i just have to keep it anyway, since it is so hard to get it.. LOL...

lvspree
haha yup we are lucky! and i've never tried to find the date code in fact, not an expert on this.. will give it a try tonight maybe, interesting.

you are so lucky to have gotten the bag! I would wear it over one shoulder or handcarry if you are worried about it looking short on you cross body...