Made in France vs. Made in USA

Room Service Me

We're ridin' 745IL
Jan 8, 2007
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the quality and resale value of LV bags made in France and those made in USA?

I'm looking to buy a Denim Neo Speedy. I just returned one I bought to elux because of defects! :sad: It was made in the USA.

The main fabric of the bag was sewn crooked so the design gradually slanted. It was subtle but for $ 1400.00 it was noticeable! The side of the bag bugled out with excess fabric at the bottom. Also the bag was clearly a return because the inner gift box had stains all over the lid and there was a mark on the leather on the front of the bag. I was really annoyed that I paid full price for this bag and the quality control was so bad. They did take it right back and are crediting me the return shipping. So at least I wasn't stuck with it.

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the quality and resale value of LV bags made in France and those made in USA?

I'm looking to buy a Denim Neo Speedy. I just returned one I bought to elux because of defects! :sad: It was made in the USA.

The main fabric of the bag was sewn crooked so the design gradually slanted. It was subtle but for $ 1400.00 it was noticeable! The side of the bag bugled out with excess fabric at the bottom. Also the bag was clearly a return because the inner gift box had stains all over the lid and there was a mark on the leather on the front of the bag. I was really annoyed that I paid full price for this bag and the quality control was so bad. They did take it right back and are crediting me the return shipping. So at least I wasn't stuck with it.
I'm confused. I thought the big deal with lv is its perfect craftsmenship and that no flawed ones ever circulated. I should be getting my bag from eLux today and am suddenly worried. This wasn't the first 'flawed bag from eLux' post. What gives? (Maybe this should be a seperate thread...sorry op...not trying to barge in.)

Reactions: bebe_tc
i just got my 1st LV and its made in USA (well the lock was made in france) i read some threads and posts that some people are particular with where their bags are made, does it matter? or is it just purely personal preference?

purely personal preference :yes:
This question is asked a lot, so it seems as many members pay attention to this. Personally, I really don't care. BUT except for one, all my LV's are made in France... maybe that's why I'm not too crazy for a "real" french one.

Its purely personal preference. All the bags are exactly the same quality and it does not matter where it is made. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that there are 2 factories in France, one in the US, and one in Spain. In this case, made in USA might actually be rarer than Made in France :yes: