Is Rouge Vif back?

Serenity Now

Insanity later
Feb 6, 2006
I was re-reading simplyprincess' thread about her sweet DH and the rouge vif togo Birkin he got her for Valentine's Day and it struck me - rouge vif..... ROUGE VIF!!!:nuts: One of my favourite H colours!

So, that has me wondering, what is the status of this gorgeous colour? Is it back for general store orders or thru podium?

I agree with hermesgroupie - I haven't seen it in a bag in my store for a little over 3 years.

Last I heard - it may still be available by special order but only in select leathers (fjord was one mentioned) - but there are no guarantees with such orders... if that makes sense!

Oh! I love rouge vif. I only wish the stores weren't overflowed with rouge garance only (or eventually vermillon).

Rouge Garance is nice, but rouge vif is soooo much better!

Ah, rouge vif in Box!!!!! (I know, I know, impossible to get)

According to my SA, it is currently offered in Fjord and Ostrich. But in the other leathers it is "temporarily unavailable".

If I had to speculate, it sounds like it MAY still be able to be special ordered in other leathers, but it's not currently available for podium orders.

My SO chevre 28cm Kelly was ordered as black with rouge Vif lining. I specifically asked if it was being discontinued and the H craftsperson said it was a current color. Hope that helps.