Which rose gold watch - Daytona or Ballon Bleu???

I like both but the Rolex Daytona wins in my book, it will stand the test of time for sure and a reason Rolex rose gold is superior to Cartier is because they mix platinum in with the rose gold so it holds its color unlike Cartier... good luck!

Ugh...like choosing which arm you like better! I can understand your dilemma...I've fantasized about a RG BB for quite awhile now, while also loving the Daytona. I finally had the chance to try a Daytona on because like you, I have a small wrist (size 16 Love is loose on me) and was afraid the Daytona would be overpowering. Was I wrong! It looks amazing! It's very steamlined, so even though it's big, it still looks great on a small wrist. For some reason, and I know I'm in the minority, I just can't get myself to like the RG Daytona...I think it's the black the throws it off for me, and wish it came w/complete rose dial. But if you loved it, I'd totally choose that. My Rolex AD told me that if you cut straight through a Rolex, it'll be pink all the way through, so there's no chance of fading, unlike Cartier. I'm so sad about the Cartier! RG is something Cartier does to almost perfection...if they could just get the color to stay, I'd go for the BB all the way!

I am really curious regarding the problem with Cartier RG, I have seen really old trinity bangles where the golds are as defined as on new ones. Do they do something different with watches? I know that Cartier RG is less garish than other jewllers.

I am really curious regarding the problem with Cartier RG, I have seen really old trinity bangles where the golds are as defined as on new ones. Do they do something different with watches? I know that Cartier RG is less garish than other jewllers.

I'm also interested if anyone knows. I have a RG love necklace and it still looks RG.

I've also own both the trinity ring and bracelet and the rose golds on both are fine. I would love to know what Cartier has done differently for the Ballon.
I agree that Cartier's rose gold is a beautiful colour (when new) and find that the other designer's RG is too bright and 'rosy' for me.

It's supposed to take a couple of weeks for Cartier to look at my watch. I'll keep everyone informed of the outcome.

*~*I would go with the Daytona. Rolex RG is so pretty & I don't think the Daytona is masculine at all...let us know what you decide on & good luck!! ;) *~*

Good to hear that you don't think it looks too masculine. Plus I think the rose gold makes it "prettier".

Ok, first of all you are SO lucky to be deciding between these 2 dream watches!!! :nuts:

My choice is 100% Daytona. I'm dying to own the SS, but if I could afford it, I would definitely go with a rose gold as well. It is an exceptionally beautiful, stunning watch. So well made!

I also have a small wrist, size 16 Love bracelet, but when I tried on the Daytona, it really felt comfortable and just melted onto my wrist. I think after a few days, the 40 mm size wouldn't be a big issue, IMO.

I'm so glad the watch looks and feels great on your small wrist! I agree that size is something that I can get used to very quickly. I tried on the lady datejusts afterwards and they looked sooo small (still very nice though!)

Let's talk about function and style. Daytona is large and sporty, and therefore more casual; Ballon Bleu is elegant and dressier, a better match for suits and evening clothing. Which is more your everyday need?

There's a Daytona mania underway that is probably influential to many, but it's a lot of money to put into a fashion choice. So be sure you actually love it if you go that route.

Good point that it is a TON of money going into a fashion choice. I need to think about it more because I've only tried it on once last week! I will be sure to love it before purchasing but can't wait too long because I hear there is a price increase soon. Does anyone know when???

Daytona all the way!!! As someone already mentioned it, Cartier has major issues with rose gold eventually fading. As far I know Rolex rose gold is considered the best, it is even certified. I tried a yg and rg Daytona, and although I always leaned towards yg now I am starting to reconsider. My local jeweler told me that it's the hottest watch right now and they sell more RG Daytonas than YG on a monthly basis. Although Cartier is quite nice, I would not go with Ballon in rg.

I too have been torn between the YG and RG. YG with white face! But I already have a WG Patek and YG Cartier Demoiselle so I need a RG in my rotation. Plus, the RG is just a little more "special" since it seems not as common - but hearing that more RG Daytonas are sold, I could be wrong!

I actually have the large size Cartier RG Ballon Bleu. It's a stunningly beautiful watch and I've received many compliments on it. It's very comfortable to wear and goes well with both casual and dressier occasions.

Sadly, I'm one of those people who have watched my rose gold fade from, what I think is the nicest of the designer's rose golds, to what looks like regular yellow gold.
I've had my watch for 2 1/2 years and received it for my 25th wedding anniversary.

The watch has been returned to the jewelry store from where it was purchased and is being sent to Cartier for further inspection. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

In my opinion, nothing can compare to the Cartier RG Ballon Bleu (I had tried on many different RG watches before making my decision) BUT.... Watching my beloved watch turn from rose to yellow gold is beyond disappointing and so I would recommend the RG Rolex Daytona. Rolex's RG will hold it's colour!

Good luck with your decision!

I'm so sorry to hear about your watch! I hope Cartier will make it right.

I like both but the Rolex Daytona wins in my book, it will stand the test of time for sure and a reason Rolex rose gold is superior to Cartier is because they mix platinum in with the rose gold so it holds its color unlike Cartier... good luck!

Thank you for that information about mixing platinum! Very cool!

Ugh...like choosing which arm you like better! I can understand your dilemma...I've fantasized about a RG BB for quite awhile now, while also loving the Daytona. I finally had the chance to try a Daytona on because like you, I have a small wrist (size 16 Love is loose on me) and was afraid the Daytona would be overpowering. Was I wrong! It looks amazing! It's very steamlined, so even though it's big, it still looks great on a small wrist. For some reason, and I know I'm in the minority, I just can't get myself to like the RG Daytona...I think it's the black the throws it off for me, and wish it came w/complete rose dial. But if you loved it, I'd totally choose that. My Rolex AD told me that if you cut straight through a Rolex, it'll be pink all the way through, so there's no chance of fading, unlike Cartier. I'm so sad about the Cartier! RG is something Cartier does to almost perfection...if they could just get the color to stay, I'd go for the BB all the way!

Complete rose dial would be very nice! I know you've been through this dilemma too. I hope you find your RG watch soon!

Yes, Cartier has the BEST RG tone!!!

I'm also interested if anyone knows. I have a RG love necklace and it still looks RG.

I hope my Cartier jewelry stays RG as well.

I've also own both the trinity ring and bracelet and the rose golds on both are fine. I would love to know what Cartier has done differently for the Ballon.
I agree that Cartier's rose gold is a beautiful colour (when new) and find that the other designer's RG is too bright and 'rosy' for me.

It's supposed to take a couple of weeks for Cartier to look at my watch. I'll keep everyone informed of the outcome.

Yes, please let us know what happens! We are all curious to know!

i find this rose gold fading thing to be bizarre. i believe that the alloys oxidize so that the patina makes it look less pink. the color itself doesnt really fade. I have several pieces in rose gold and some that have rose and yellow mixed and I can clearly see the difference. I personally have never heard of this with Cartier.

I'm going to be the dissenting voice so far and say the Cartier Ballon Bleu. Both are great and I can understand it's a hard choice (lucky you to have it!!!) and now I'm a bit worried re: the fading issue I had never heard about until just this minute, but not taking that into consideration and just departing from which of the two I'd choose and my choice would be for the Cartier.

I will be honest that I think the 40mm is a huge watch and I wonder how long this really oversize watch trend will continue. Plus, at least for me, I think a "classic" watch is more flexible with all your outfits than a sporty one. And if the Ballon Bleu didn't have the diamonds on the bezel, it would be completely flexible and could go with everything.

But that's just MHO...

i find this rose gold fading thing to be bizarre. i believe that the alloys oxidize so that the patina makes it look less pink. the color itself doesnt really fade. I have several pieces in rose gold and some that have rose and yellow mixed and I can clearly see the difference. I personally have never heard of this with Cartier.

I wish I had the forethought to have taken a picture before sending my watch in. My watch did not fade from pink to a lighter pink but, from pink to yellow.

Gold, no matter what the colour, is not supposed to CHANGE colours. I would love it if it was just an issue of repolishing the watch back to rose gold! That would be the best outcome for me as I feel nothing can compare to a Cartier Ballon Bleu (my opinion). I'm not holding much hope though.

I'm going to be the dissenting voice so far and say the Cartier Ballon Bleu. Both are great and I can understand it's a hard choice (lucky you to have it!!!) and now I'm a bit worried re: the fading issue I had never heard about until just this minute, but not taking that into consideration and just departing from which of the two I'd choose and my choice would be for the Cartier.

I will be honest that I think the 40mm is a huge watch and I wonder how long this really oversize watch trend will continue. Plus, at least for me, I think a "classic" watch is more flexible with all your outfits than a sporty one. And if the Ballon Bleu didn't have the diamonds on the bezel, it would be completely flexible and could go with everything.

But that's just MHO...

I totally agree to everything you've pointed out.

I chose my Ballon Bleu without diamonds to keep it as 'neutral' as possible. It goes with absolutely everything I wear and I didn't have to think twice about pairing it with jeans or formal attire, unlike my Cartier Pasha or Chopards with diamonds. These can be a bit more 'flashy' in my opinion.