Postman's Lock/Alexa Camera Bag

playwithholly

Jun 13, 2010
Hello! I have been scouring the forum for any mention of the Alexa camera bag and I am yet to find any...

Does anyone have one? I haven't seen one in real life yet but I love the way it looks. I have a regular size Oak Alexa and I don't know if the camera bag is "different enough" to the Alexa to justify getting it! (Don't want two bags very similiar, if I'm going to spend £600+ I want it to be worth it!)

If you've seen one in real life or have one, do you like it?!

Thank you! x

I have seen a few PL Cameras playwithholly but wasn't overly impressed. Especially not at RRP. I don't know what they achieve aesthetically by fusing all these elements together to get a basic shape that was much better done as Small/Mini/Shoulder Mabel.
I'm finding nowadays that I can't judge a bag properly when the price is exorbitant. Somehow at Sale time when the prices come down I see them differently.

I saw one in HOF in Reading and it was lovely but the price tag seemed ridiculous. I have the OS Alexa and I couldn't justify it to myself. I suspect if I had the Alexa, it would have seemed to lookey likey for me. That said, if it were in a sale, I would view it differently too.

I loved this bag when I first saw pic from London Fashion Week and was really looking forward to seeing it, I went off it quite rapidly when I saw it IRL, it was a lot smaller than I thought and not as sturdy looking as I thought either - I agree price tag is ridiculous for such a small bag so its a no for me at the moment unless of course I am lucky enough to get one during sale time / or sometime from outlet

Hello, I was lucky enough to visit the New Bond Street store in London last week and saw the bag in real life - it is truly very small! I agree with you ladies that the price is ridiculous for what it is.

I fell in love with a new one anyway so all is well! Thanks for all your comments though! x

Which one ?

The lovely Somerset Shopper in the dark brown or oak - entirely different to the camera bag I know! I was always a big bag girl, then went to satchels, now I think I've been tempted over to the big side again! :smile:

The Somerset one is like 5 times the size and over £100 cheaper than the camera bag... That's my way of talking myself out of it! x

For those of you who have got a postman's lock/alexa camera bag, would any of you mind posting how much you can fit into it please?! :smile: would you be able to fit a small umbrella or water bottle in it?

i keep hmm and ahhing about the size of it, and am wondering if i should get this as the oak buffalo leather seems to be able to withstand a lot or save some extra pennies for an oak effie satchel or fudge evelina satchel. hm. :confused1:

I love my camera bag! I posted a couple of photo's. It has a fizzbag, a large aspinal purse and a coin purse, keys and a bottle of water in the main compartiment with place left for a small umbrella or a make up bag. cc behind the zip. And I keep tissues and my oyster card in the front flap. It is't large but the boxy shape makes a little tardis
HTH

0a56b51a.jpg

95e1295d.jpg

df663f3f.jpg

thanks for the links steph. i've already seen those and keep looking at the reveals!

thanks for the pics loveheart! do you find it big enough to fit all you need in? what's a fizzbag?!

A fizbag is a reuseable foldable shopping bag.:smile:
I really like the camera bag, love it handsfree when shopping or even going to work. It is not the largest but it can take my purse, iPhone, office/house/car keys, credit cards, bottle of water, travelcard etc. I can put in a couple of lippies and a small Jo Malone EDT too.
When it is this full there is no space for a make up bag, but if you leave out the water and have less keys than I have, you will have more space. I would not regularly use it for work and I did not buy it for this purpose. But was pleasently suprised to see that it can take this much, and the zip makes it quite secure too. It carries well and looks cute!