in real life do you know people who share your passion for handbags?

takeoutbox

Dec 21, 2006
namely chanel? i don't, everyone thinks i'm crazy, i have to hide my obsession from most people, even my fiance, who is not very supportive of my obsession, one purchase in a year or two is acceptable, but 4-5 in 2 months is too much for him to handle, even though i'm spending my own money. but then again, my income isn't all that high, and for the last 3 months i've been spending 100% of my income on shopping.

Most of my friends think I'm crazy, but of course on the other hand I think they're crazy sporting their Dooney-Bourkes or Marshall's finds!! The only one that shares my enthusiam for bags is my 12 year old son, though he is not partial to Chanel (he prefers Marc Jacobs) and he HATES the Cabas. He says "if it's that big, there should be something on it" hmmm....good point. Anyway, he's the only one I know that does not make a face at a $1495 price tag!
And by the way, he has excellent taste!

On my last excursion to Chanel SF, my friend had to leave the boutique because she was literally gagging at the prices...:s

Most of my friends think I'm crazy, but of course on the other hand I think they're crazy sporting their Dooney-Bourkes or Marshall's finds!! The only one that shares my enthusiam for bags is my 12 year old son, though he is not partial to Chanel (he prefers Marc Jacobs) and he HATES the Cabas. He says "if it's that big, there should be something on it" hmmm....good point. Anyway, he's the only one I know that does not make a face at a $1495 price tag!
And by the way, he has excellent taste!

On my last excursion to Chanel SF, my friend had to leave the boutique because she was literally gagging at the prices...:s

Okay lov2shop - it keeps happening - you just posted at the same time as me!!

No one, unfortunately. Gosh, there seem to be so many of us here -- a wonder there aren't more out there that are our friends who just haven't found this forum! I'd love to have a real life bag buddy.

Anyone in Chicago want to fill that role? I'll buy lunch!

I had a close friend who could relate to my bag addiction.. but she left for some village in China to do voluntary teaching and though we still do talk about bags sometimes.. its not the same. :sad:

But im glad there's TPF!! Not so lonely anymore! :P:P