Funny DH story...anyone else have funny stories too?

SuLi

O.G.
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share a really funny story about my Alexa and DH. Last weekend, I asked my DH if he would be able to grab my iPhone for me from the Alexa since I had a gigantic dog sitting on my lap (long story). He came back a few minutes later with it. Later that afternoon, I went to place the phone back and noticed that the two front buckles were completely undone but the rest of the Alexa was intact. I asked my DH if he unbuckled it and he sheepishly admitted that he couldn't figure out how to get into the Alexa! :lol: He said that he tried to unbuckle it and it didn't work, so he just stuck his hand through the side and felt inside for my iPhone! My DH is incredibly smart and is about to go back to grad school for applied economics, so I just couldn't help but to laugh at him.

So, do any of you have similar stories about your DH or SO related to your Mulberry purses?

My DH is useless and if I ever ask him to get something out of one of my bags, he picks it up and carries it over to me. He hates trying to find anything even if I tell him exactly where in the bag it is, he still doesn't understand and gets annoyed. He is very careful with them though.

I have to laugh though as I had re homed my Oak Greta for an Oak Mitzy and he was going silly saying he loved the Greta. Once the Mitzy arrived he thought it was the same bag.:giggles:

Men...Although as for cars and motorbikes I am just as useless.:rolleyes:

Applied economics but beaten by the Alexa - love it!

My OH's friends are somewhat mystified that my OH knows the names of all my Mulberrys/ies.........despite being 6ft 5 and making a rugby player look small!

Dh gets rather bored or annoyed when handbags are mentioned but has bought me a few nice bags, including Mulberries so know what they (used to) cost.
Yesterday he was playing around with his new toy, the Ipad 2, and proudly showed me he had done something for me - he had put on Mulberry as an icon so I could click on it so it went straight to their page. He clicked on it and it went straight to a bag section, then I heard a loud "Bl**** H***". A bag with an obscene price had showed up (could be any of their current bags) and he instantly deleted the Mulberry icon from his ipad.

lol at your stories !

I have a story from last summer when me and my friend visited the M store at Copenhagen Airport. My friend is working very hard to keep her DH ignorant of the pricelabel of everything she buys including M bags.

When the two of us were in the shop the DH's came in and my DH took a bag from the shelf and looked at the price label in front of her DH. I'm not aware of any specific reaction from him, but my friend was very upset at the time. And from that point I am not allowed to share any of her M news to my DH, he is not trusted any longer.

A month later when she had a new M french purse and they were standing together in line for paying someplace my DH unknowingly asked , ah do you have a new purse ? She just can't hide anything from my DH's trained eyes:amuse:

Another lovely comment from DH when we were in an M store, an SA opened one of the cabinets to look for a bag, DH said it looks just like in our closet :P

My DH is most uncomplimentary if he doesn't like a bag I have bought.
He said that the large Mitzy looked like something a kangaroo should should carry and he named another one 'Wayne' ( as in Rooney ) because it was a chav bag !!
Sincere apologies to all Waynes and if you have the bag :P

Took my DH (and youngest DS aged 5) to Shepton Mallet en route to Longleat. Firstly suggested they stay in the car while I 'pop' in, then decided to install them in the cafe with cake. Confidently went off to explore and then heard the classic 'I want a wee...) (from DS not DH...!) and had to frogmarch them to the loo PAST the bags to avoid him looking too closely at the labels. Managed to buy a little ledbury (me - "absolute bargain! far cheaper than usual mulberries..") before he picked up a blueberry bays priced at £466 - how much! this must be the most expensive one they do! haha said I, yes of course! Despite the fact that my roxy and bays were both more than this. Thank heavens for separate bank accounts!

My BF is actually very good and knows all the names of the bags I have and want and can even spot Mulberrys on other ladies! He has pretty good taste and I would usually consult with him when I was going to purchase something. Strangely he just seems to accept the prices and the only time he has thought something ridiculously expensive was in Chanel. The one thing that really annoys me is his constant mispronunciation of Balenciaga as Balenclaga which he knows makes me cringe because it sounds like the kind of thing you'd find on a fakey.

Dh gets rather bored or annoyed when handbags are mentioned but has bought me a few nice bags, including Mulberries so know what they (used to) cost.
Yesterday he was playing around with his new toy, the Ipad 2, and proudly showed me he had done something for me - he had put on Mulberry as an icon so I could click on it so it went straight to their page. He clicked on it and it went straight to a bag section, then I heard a loud "Bl**** H***". A bag with an obscene price had showed up (could be any of their current bags) and he instantly deleted the Mulberry icon from his ipad.

:lol: That is VERY funny - might not be so funny for the future though!

My BF is actually very good and knows all the names of the bags I have and want and can even spot Mulberrys on other ladies! He has pretty good taste and I would usually consult with him when I was going to purchase something. Strangely he just seems to accept the prices and the only time he has thought something ridiculously expensive was in Chanel. The one thing that really annoys me is his constant mispronunciation of Balenciaga as Balenclaga which he knows makes me cringe because it sounds like the kind of thing you'd find on a fakey.

Maybe he is getting confused with Balaclava.....:lol:

When I took my Ink Splodge Bays for its first outing I noticed my other half looking rather concerned and 'sheepish' glancing at the bag. Eventually I asked him what the problem was, he said he hadn't wanted to say anything as my bag looked like it had been attacked by some ink and he didn't like to point it out as he didn't want to 'set me off'....LOL!

My OH knows the names of many Mulberries - he even shocked one of my friends by complimenting her new Alexa :P

However, like TB's hubby, he says he cannot find anything in my bags so always hands it to me anyway.