Your MAM and Warm Weather

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I'm wondering if you find the MAM to be a more seasonal bag or if you tend to carry yours all year long. I really love the MAM's design in that it is both classic and contemporary; I just wonder if it's better to be carried in cooler months.

I live where it's pretty warm to stinkin' hot most of the year and my Harewood Darling is so comfortable to carry. I'm just trying to figure out if this would be a good choice for the summer months. It's already been over 90 degrees the last couple of weeks so I think we're in for a long, hot summer.

Any thoughts or preferences you'd like to share?:smile:

I had to think about it, but my MAM's and other satchels stay in the rotation. I tend to base which bag I am wearing on what I am doing more than season.

I guess I should also add, I have 4 kids and they are home all summer, so hands free is easier for me. The other seasons they are in school, so I can use satchels easier.

I actually use hobos less, and satchels or light/small bags more in the summer. I don't want a shoulder bag making me hot in the summer, but that's just me! It gets pretty hot here.

True, macs are heavy to me for the size of bag, so I don't use them as much. But I can see using my adore and casanova more when it's hotter.

I guess I should also add, I have 4 kids and they are home all summer, so hands free is easier for me. The other seasons they are in school, so I can use satchels easier.

I'm in a similar situation. I love being hands free with my kids but they are getting older now so I wonder if I can mix things up more. I just feel like the MAM is one of those styles that I can use in almost any situaion and that appeals to me.

I currently use my Longchmp bags and a couple of crossbody styles most often. And my Darling is a fantastic everyday bag. The MAM might be next...

I'm in a similar situation. I love being hands free with my kids but they are getting older now so I wonder if I can mix things up more. I just feel like the MAM is one of those styles that I can use in almost any situaion and that appeals to me.

I currently use my Longchmp bags and a couple of crossbody styles most often. And my Darling is a fantastic everyday bag. The MAM might be next...

Mine are getting a little older as well. I like satchels, and I plan to keep one mam around. But even when I go out by myself I find that I like the ease of hands free best. It's good to have a satchel to mix it up with though :yes:

Mine are getting a little older as well. I like satchels, and I plan to keep one mam around. But even when I go out by myself I find that I like the ease of hands free best. It's good to have a satchel to mix it up with though :yes:

We sound like we have very similar tastes. There's just something about the MAM that always appealed to me.

I use my MAMs year-round. When I need to be hands-free I just use the long strap. The bag doesn't look great that way but it's good in a pinch. I'm actually not a fan of RM's hobos (the Nikki) because it's like a bottomless cave in there and I can't find anything.

I personally use satchels all year round. Now that my son is older it's not a big deal being hands free. I find hobos or shoulder bags actually make me hotter in the summer and they just make my shoulders hurt.