What do you think of this woven J. Crew bag?

indiaink

Authenticator
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Well, it's not all woven, but still - I'm looking for a less expensive alternative to BV, and I'm really liking the looks of this Indio Bucket bag from J. Crew - I had to return my D&B Dillen II crossbody because it was just too small. This 10 x 12 x 5 bucket out to be just big enough without being too heavy. Made out of lambskin, it's only $278 -Thoughts?

attachment.php

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 506
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 131
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 145
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 126
I REALLY love it, I am going to the site when I log off.( just to look, I am behaving for a bit) I love woven, love buckets and love the mix of brown and black. Great price too, thanks for finding this.

Good to know, Marie Lee - if you have a J. Crew store in your area, you can go to the store and find the Red Phone and call in, and put your order in that way, and you get free shipping. Which is what I did. I now await the delivery, 3-6 days.

just back from the crew site, lots of nice bags, the one you picked is a tiny bit small for me, love it tho. There is one called corsa something that is wanting to be mine, tee hee, I'll check this out, I am trying to not shop till July, because I have too much I hardly use, and need to get a grip. But I am going to be checking back there time to time

Good to know, Marie Lee - if you have a J. Crew store in your area, you can go to the store and find the Red Phone and call in, and put your order in that way, and you get free shipping. Which is what I did. I now await the delivery, 3-6 days.

I always forget about the red phone! Glad you got your bag - can't wait for your review/reveal! :smile:

Ooo... and I just found out from 'chatting' with online CS that it is woven on both sides, it's not just on the front - oh YAY! Can't wait!

Marie Lee - "Corsa" something? I am hereby forcing you to return to the site and tell us exactly which one you meant ...

Bga - yes, VERY exciting! I hope I am not heading down that road to bag-ache (you know, 'heartache' - bag-ache?). LOL.

Indiaink - That is really wonderful news - woven on both sides!!!! That has always been a turn off for me and there are many companies that do this. Also, when you do receive the bag, dissect the inside and see where it was made. I wouldn't be surprised if it is made in Italy because almost all their shoes are coming from there.

Cole Haan came out with a woven bag, both sides, soft as butter, but the color didn't do it for me and I returned it.

Indiaink - That is really wonderful news - woven on both sides!!!!...

Cole Haan came out with a woven bag, both sides, soft as butter, but the color didn't do it for me and I returned it.

You know, I didn't think to even check on that 'both sides' issue until after I'd ordered it -. Sad commentary on our expectations -"for that price surely they screwed me somewhere".

Re: Cole Haan - I saw their woven bags yesterday and fondled them - I found them very stiff and unpleasant; I don't think fondling the Bottega Veneta bags at NM right before then helped any. LOL.