legacy pocket shoulder tote vs vintage carryall-opinions please!

purseaddict**

c'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
Okay guys, I need your help!!

I recently purchased the brown legacy pocket shoulder tote from the outlets for business purposes. I had been watching and bid on a black vintage carryall - which I won today.

I cannot keep both b/c by dh will be :cursing:!!! So what do you think about each bag?? Any opinions from anyone who has either or both!!

I like the legacy pocket shoulder, but it is very heavy when I put ALL my stuff into it and it has a lot of hardware (which I like but afraid I may get tired off). Also it has a flap which is nice.

The vintage carryall is smaller but very "classic" looking to me so I don't think that I will get tired of it. However, it is smaller!! Here are pics for reference:

Attachments

• vintage.jpg
    vintage.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 161
  • legacy.jpg
    legacy.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 160
I have both, I have the legacy is dark brown and the carryall in Cognac.

I am actually even considering selling my legacy one because I seriously never use it, I did for a few weeks after getting it and now it just sits in it's dustbag.

I use my carryall all of the time though, it's my absolute favorite bag and I get so many compliments on it. I would keep the carryall :smile: I want it in black & white too!

You don't list your profession but I think the choice depends on how you think you would use the purse. Both bags are lovely but convey different messages. The Legacy sends a bolder message than the Vintage which says to me understated elegance. Personally, my preference is the vintage, especially in the color of the picture, but the Legacy works well too.

I have the Legacy bag in both the brown, and the white. I love them, but I never use them except when I'm traveling. They're enormous bags, and just too big to be a daily purse. *even for me, who adores big bags* It depends on what you'd want to carry in them, but I prefer the carryall too. I want to get one in the not too distant future, for myself. :smile:

Thanks all for your opinions! I am a pharmacist and I am using the bag as a business-type tote, not purse. I absolutely do love the Legacy, and I agree that it makes a very bold statement (maybe not conservative enough though). That's why I got the Vintage... boy do I want to keep both! But I am trying to a "reasonable" person and keep the dh from blowing his top when he gets back in town.

The vintage carryall is priceless. Actually you have 2 great bags. I would keep both if you can... I was able to pick up the vintage carryall today (again). They get one in the outlets about every few months. I sold the last one I snagged but am debating keeping this one.