Gilt Group

I went yesterday. They made you check in your coats and bags. The only thing you could carry was a credit card. They offered drinks & snacks. I headed straight to the bags and shoes, but didn't see much that I thought I was going to see. I was hoping for an AW Rocco, but only saw Cynthia Rowley, Juicy, Kooba, RM, and other random brands. Overall, I was not too impressed. I walked up to the register with a $25 Vince sweater, $50 Cole Haan pumps & $35 MBMJ sandals which I eventually put all down because I was just kind of meh about them. The only thing I walked away with was a $100 black Paul & Joe Sister Pyros bag. I maybe would go again in hopes of better items, but I'm still glad I went for the experience.

Gilt has steadily had higher prices over the past few years i my opinion...they have different cash disbursement policies than Haute Look, etc (more favorable). I don't shop there anymore....you can usually find way better deals that you can try on at the NM/Saks sales.

How does everyone feel about Gilt's new shipping protocol? I received a dress that I ordered for around $100 yesterday in a plastic bag - not a box. No hanger to speak of, and the dress and packing slip were both badly crumpled; the poor little bag had clearly been through a lot.

Today, I received another order I placed for just under $400 - none of the dresses had hangers like they usually do.

I had called Gilt yesterday, and they said that this was basically their way of going green. :confused1:

Has anyone else experienced their new shipping protocols? How do you feel?

^^ I thought of you when I posted this thread and for some reason knew you'd respond! I was hoping for your input! :P

I typically try to use the boxes to ship things in, but the reason I was concerned over the bag is the condition in which my item arrived. As for the hangers, I only use plastic hangers with my clothing, but DBF likes the kind that come with my Gilt orders typically... Idk. :shrugs:

I don't mind it either. I use huggable hangers so the ones that come with clothing go to waste for me. I still have been getting some packages in boxes, like a spring dress I bought for my daughter.

I don't mind it either. I use huggable hangers so the ones that come with clothing go to waste for me. I still have been getting some packages in boxes, like a spring dress I bought for my daughter.

Yes, definitely you are right - some orders are still coming in boxes! :yes:

I guess I'm just turned off by the crumpled state in which my item got to me yesterday. :shucks:

^^I agree with you. Although I am all about going green, I do reuse shipping boxes and hangers. I got a dress and it arrived all wadded up and wrinkled. I think if they are going to send items like that the shipping should be less!!!

I have not purchased from Gilt in a long time BUT just because they are going green does not mean that they have to be careless with the items. I have sent clothing before and folded it neatly and placed it in a bag. I have not seen the bags and unless the item is small and the bag real big the dress should stay somewhat folded during transit.

^^I agree with you. Although I am all about going green, I do reuse shipping boxes and hangers. I got a dress and it arrived all wadded up and wrinkled. I think if they are going to send items like that the shipping should be less!!!

I do, too! I always try to ship in those boxes, as dabble in selling on eBay, and as I said DBF uses the hangers and loves that they are free. :P

I'm sorry you got a wrinkled dress. :Push:

I have not purchased from Gilt in a long time BUT just because they are going green does not mean that they have to be careless with the items. I have sent clothing before and folded it neatly and placed it in a bag. I have not seen the bags and unless the item is small and the bag real big the dress should stay somewhat folded during transit.

Agreed.

The other curious thing is that when I called Gilt yesterday to ask when they started the new bag thing, I also asked how they expected their customers to return items without the box. The rep thought for a minute and said, "Good point. I guess you'd have to go get a box."

:rolleyes: Ok.