Denim Blue Mabel Should I or shouldn't I

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
I had a Mabel last year but had to return it due to a problem, but loved the style just never got round to getting another, always something else I wanted first.

So I am dithering over this gorgeous Mabel in Denim blue.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....039830&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

But I have also seen on here this colour:

http://forum.purseblog.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1090918&d=1272784348

Now I know that traditionally I am a NVT person and don't normally go for this kind but there is something about it that I have fallen for.

Which colour do you think will go with more things, bearing in mind there are no Midnight Purple ones for sale at the minute so should I go for the Denim and maybe later get the purple as well.......

Oh and what do you think of the Mabel style as I didn't have it long enough to find out. Is it easy to use.

Is this the normal size as the seller states medium regular, is that the same.

I would love your thoughts on it please.
:cool:

I can't see anything with the first link, it just says says the listing has been removed :sad:.

The purple one is gorgeous though, what were the Mabels made from? I don't have one so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

Oh well I have dithered too long, the deed has been done so Hope I don't regret it.

Sorry Hipcity I know you were thinking about it too.:Push: I just have had it in my watch list for ages and didn't want to not get it.

Anyway, I will hopefully love it and not regret it when it arrives.

Now I am definitely firmly on the sofa. :couch::banned:

Hi Tarababe

I owned a medium mabel in a mushroom colour - the same one as Naomi Watts but it drove me nuts because the straps kept falling off my shoulder. One of the tpfrs would tuck one of the straps under the other to keep theirs sitting on their shoulder.

That said I loved the leather on it, although it did mark easily, but you could rub the marks back in.

But I just didn't have the patience so I rehomed it. I still have my mabel hobo though which I adore as its so comfy.

Edited to say: sorry I didn't write this in time. I hope you love it, it's definitely a spacious bag and the zip pockets are super useful.

I can't see anything with the first link, it just says says the listing has been removed :sad:.

The purple one is gorgeous though, what were the Mabels made from? I don't have one so I'm not much help I'm afraid.

I think it's Antiqued Leather on these two but the others they come in that I know of are Pebbled Leather, Spongy Leather and Cracked Metallic.

It's not so easy to wear on the shoulder though from what I remember especially with a coat but easy to carry in the hand.

:cool:

Thanks ladies I hope I love it too but who knows. I have had one so I understand the on the shoulder thing and the leather is unusual for me.

Well if I don't bond, out it goes. :lol:

I love the denim mabel, and the colour is also bang on trend for this summer. It will look great both with jeans and summer dresses. Even though it's not a colour and leather you have tried, considering the good price aswell, I think you might have regretted it if you didn't go for it. I think it will also get loads of use because it is so versatile. ;)

I had a denim mabel and adored it but the colour faded to a dirty yellow even when it was stored in the dustbag. I was really upset as the original colour was perfect. I know several people who had this problem. As mine was still under guarantee Mulberry refunded me and euthanised the bag. I would be wary of this leather.

ETA oh I see you've bought it. Fingers crossed yours is okay.

Last edited:
Well done Tara it looked lovely .

Thank's Hipcity and sorry I beat you too it.:shame: There will be another one for you I am sure.

I love the denim mabel, and the colour is also bang on trend for this summer. It will look great both with jeans and summer dresses. Even though it's not a colour and leather you have tried, considering the good price aswell, I think you might have regretted it if you didn't go for it. I think it will also get loads of use because it is so versatile. ;)

That's what I thought, I have so many classic black bags for every occasion and only one Oak for the summer, I just fell in love with this and couldn't stop thinking about it. I can't wait for it to arrive.:lol:

I had a denim mabel and adored it but the colour faded to a dirty yellow even when it was stored in the dustbag. I was really upset as the original colour was perfect. I know several people who had this problem. As mine was still under guarantee Mulberry refunded me and euthanised the bag. I would be wary of this leather.

Oh I will be LadyBo. If this happens I will have to contact Mulberry. Sure I won't get any receipts with it though, so will be interesting to see how it fairs.:P