My Little Treesje Collection (And Purge Story!)

Jennifer_C

Shopaholic
Feb 15, 2011
I've been meaning to share pics of my Treesjes for a while and finally have a few to share. Some are new and some are new-to-me. Pics will post below :smile:

I finally took pics because I'd had enough of my purses. I had too many and couldn't keep track of them. They were stashed all over the place (closets, under the bed) because my place is small and I just didn't have the room for them. I'd reduced my inventory by about 20 purses over the past 6 months through hand-me-downs and sales but still had a bunch to go through.

I inventoried what I had left: 55 including laptop (work) bags and excluding those meant for gifts. I took pictures of all of them and then sorted them into categories. I decided to keep 28 (a 50% reduction!), give away 9, gift 2, and sell 16. Afterward, I laminated pictures of the bags I was keeping and put them on a book ring. Now, when I'm accessorizing in the morning, I can flip through the pics, see all of my bags, and make a good decision on what to carry :woohoo:

Up next: The Shoes Purge (gulp!)...

TreesjeAsher.jpg

Such a pretty collection! Congrats on having the guts to purge your collection! Yay for getting organized. I loveeee the laminated ring of all your purses! I might just have to steal this idea! :smile:
I took photos of mine and uploaded it to polyvore so I can create outfits online.

It's a super good idea to use laminated pictures to keep track of handbags, may I borrow this idea? I think I also have over 50 handbags at this moment, and I seriously need to know what handbags I have because I keep forgetting some of them!

Such a pretty collection!

So many beautiful bags!!! Love them all!

It's a super good idea to use laminated pictures to keep track of handbags, may I borrow this idea? I think I also have over 50 handbags at this moment, and I seriously need to know what handbags I have because I keep forgetting some of them!

Thanks, Ladies! Honestly - the laminated pictures have helped already :cool: Reducing the number was needed and having the pics as reference is so much easier than rummaging through them to try and find one that matches an outfit. When I do the same with my shoes my morning routine will be even better. I'm always running late so anything that saves me time and helps me get organized is a HUGE win :P

When I did the above pics I printed duplicate pictures. For my purses in sleeper bags I cut out and laminated the second set of pictures and looped each of the sleeper bag ties through the purses's pic. Now I actually know which purse is which without opening them!!!