Experiences with SELLING to Bag Borrow or Steal

Ugh - no one seems to be having that great of an experience with Avelle/BBOS. I have some Gucci bags that are brand new but just didn't sell on Ebay -- just for kicks I submitted one of them to Avelle and now they want me to send a pic of the receipt. I'm sure I have it but I don't know that what I paid for the bag is really any of their biz - I bought it at Gucci and I know it's authentic and honestly from all the pics I sent them they should be able to authenticate the darned thing -- I could and I'm not in the biz!! All of this receipt biz seems to be twofold -- 1 - cover their behinds; and 2 - let them know what you paid for it so they can lowball you.

I use a consignor in Hoboken and sell
My stuff to him, he's very fair with the pricing. If he doesn't buy outright, he'll consign it. If you're not from the area, he usually pays for the shipping himself. If anyone's interested I could give you his info. He posts on here from time to
Time to actually.

From my experience, Avelle does not ask for a receipt unless you state in the submission that you have one.

I just submitted a few bags to them and I'm happy with what they offered me as these bags were just sitting in my closet and I wasn't using them.

Last edited:
Yoogi's has done well by me! BBOS not so good, they took the bag (used twice) and after 3 weeks I asked them what was going on with it and they tell me they are sending it back to me that there is something "wrong" with it (there wasn't)they wasted 3 weeks to tell me they didn't want it.

Avelle recently offered me $150 for a bag that originally retailed over 1200 (and was in like new condition). Yoogi's offered me 225 and I eventually sold it on eBay for around 400. Fashionphile told me they expected to be able to get 500-800 (a broad range, I know), but they got back to me almost a month after I submitted the inquiry (which I had submitted to all 3 companies on the same day) so I had already sold it. I was worried about the eBay transaction for a while given all the horror stories on TPF but I'm happy to say it went smoothly.

Avelle's offers have gotten progressively lower over the past year so I'm not sure if they will ever offer me a price I would consider again. Not to mention what I've read here about them returning authentic bags. I did sell a few things to them in the past and while their offers were very inconsistent, there were some still worth taking; now the offers are so low it's just ridiculous.

I've sold things to both BB&S and Yoogis. BB&S offered the best prices by far! I sold some LV, Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs and Coach. I haven't quit figured out what they do and don't carry. I had an LV bag charm and some Hermes scarves that neither wanted. :confused1:

hello everyone! i just shipped out 4 bags to sell to avelle. I used their provided label, but now after reading reviews im kinda freaking out because i was unable to add tracking and insurance since the label was already pre-paid. i did email them that i shipped. has anyone have had positive feedback with selling to avelle?