MJ/MMJ shoes?

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
hey girls - i've been eying some MJ shoes lately, but am unsure of my size. do they run small? big? TTS? i wear an 8 in most US sizes - my Vera Wang Lillians are an 8, but patent Lanvin flats are a 39.5 EU, my L.A.M.B. heels are an 8.5 US. . . Miu Miu i'm a 39 EU.

help please! :biggrin:

I find MJ & MBMJ shoes to run narrow. I can't wear them. :sad: But I do have a wide foot, so *some* brands don't fit. I just find his is the worse for my feet! I feel they are extra narrow and not even normal width. But that's just my opinion!

I do think the length is TTS though.

hi linh! i am a US 9 and wear a 40 in my mj flats (i love my MJ flats. :love: ) in mbmj i am a 39.5. like dbeth i also find that mj shoes run narrow but not so much with mbmj. in some styles like peep toes or sandals with both mbmj & mj i can do a 39.5.
hope this helps you. :heart:

thank you everyone!! Stephanie, yes that helps so much! i just bought a pair of MbMJs off eBay in a 39 - i'm thinking they should fit, as usually in EU i size up. my feet aren't narrow, nor wide, so hopefully it works out :biggrin:

I have a pair of MJ shoes, and three pairs of MbyMJ shoes. I've always had to size up half a size, from a 6 to 6.5. I also have 2 pairs of Lanvin flats (since you referenced it) and I usually take a 36 in them. Good luck!

I think it all depends on how you determine "true to size" when comparing European sizes to American. I always see a Size 39.5 compared to a US 9.5 and a 40 as a 10, but no matter what designer I choose, I almost always need a 39.5 or a 40 and I'm a US Size 8.5, so I personally believe that a 39.5 translates to a US 8.5 and a 40 to a US 9 -- as far as MJ and MbyMJ shoes, I normally wear a 39.5, altho there are a few sizes I needed to size up to a 40.

I dunno, I could be wrong -- maybe it's just that all of the designers I've tried run small!!:P

(when it comes to flats, I'm a 39.5 -- my Lanvin flats are a 40, if you needed a good comparison)

thanks Susan + JJ. . . i'm getting paranoid my shoes won't fit! JJ, i'm basically the same size as you and i usually need a 39 too. maybe Europeans have cuter, smaller feet? :P

I find that the older shoes run small, but more current styles are TTS. I think you should be ok with the size you chose though... We wear the same size and that's what I would have gone for.

thank you everyone!! Stephanie, yes that helps so much! i just bought a pair of MbMJs off eBay in a 39 - i'm thinking they should fit, as usually in EU i size up. my feet aren't narrow, nor wide, so hopefully it works out :biggrin:

thanks Susan + JJ. . . i'm getting paranoid my shoes won't fit! JJ, i'm basically the same size as you and i usually need a 39 too. maybe Europeans have cuter, smaller feet? :P
If you normally wear a US 8, I bet the 39's will be fine -- that's more along the lines of sizing I think the shoes run (39 = 8; 39.5 = 8.5; 40 = 9). you said your Lanvin's are a 39.5, right? My Lanvin's are a 40 and I wear a 39.5 in MbyMJ flats -- so I bet the 39's will be perfect!!