I think I am going to sue ebay! Long post sorry!

BagAngel

Louis Vuitton Addict
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
I have had many emails from ebay friends & acquaintances & have read & answered many problems here that TPF members are having with ebay. While I was sympathetic, I suppose the reality never really hit me until it actually happened to me today. I have posted the email below that I got from ebay.
Now these listings are almost a year old :wtf: , to be honest I have been too angry to trawl through & find dates. All of these items were S/S 2006 or earlier & long since sold. What the heck is going on with ebay? Have they totally lost it? Note that the email says all fees will be credited hahaha none have been.
I called my account manager she just said ebay are cleaning up the site of old auctions. I said fair enough but they are saying these items were counterfeit & bidders have been emailed to say listings removed what will they think. She replied "Oh they will know that they got authentic items" I told her I had receipts for everyone of these items (lucky I keep all my originals) she said she knew that my items were authentic & didn't need them grrrr!!!!!
I told her this was defamation of charachter & I was going to consult with my solicitor if I didn't receive an immediate apology, she said "Oh you won't get that"
I am just going crazy here & don't know what to do. My solicitor is a friend & I called her tonight, she is champing at the bit to take them on & says we would win but do I need this hassle with my mum so ill at the minute & me totally stressed out? Then if it becomes public stores will know who I am & I won't get anymore bags - catch 22!
I have had no probs with ebay until now (once I had a listing taken down for using a campaign pic that's it)
My account was reviewed & passed as authentic seller within 24 hours I just cannot understand this!
I went crazy at her for all the fakes still on there. I said to her today "Give me an hour I can send you a list of hundreds of fakes" She had the cheek to say to me "oh don't do that I am having a bad day" I told her not half as bad as the one I was having!
I am totally distraught as to what to do with these incompetent morons!! One thing for sure I am not letting them away with this! They have here accused me, an honest person with 100% feedback of a crime, punishable by a gaol sentence, who the hell so they think they are that they can get away with this???????????
Anyway sorry guys for going on & on here is the email!!!
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Dear xxxxxxxxxxx

**PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT EMAIL REGARDING YOUR LISTING(S)**

We would like to let you know that we removed your listing(s):

6867241772 ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SKULL SCARF BLACK SNAKE XL MPRS
6867244286 ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SKULL SCARF GREY/WHITE SNAKE XL MPRS
6867282350 ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SKULL SCARF NAVY/BLUE ANCHOR L MPRS
6867283064 ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SKULL SCARF DARK NAVY ANCHOR MPRS
6867286059 ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SKULL SCARF RED/BEIGE ANCHOR MPRS
6867287104 ALEXANDER MCQUEEN SKULL SCARF PISTACHIO/WHITE SM MPRS
7756687364 CHLOE PADDINGTON MOCCASINS GOLD 39.5 EUR 6.5 UK
7756688872 CHLOE PADDINGTON MOCCASINS BLACK 40 EUR 6.5-7 UK
9306343667 AUTHENTIC BALENCIAGA HANDBAG WHITE CITY BAG 2006 MPRS
9306348328 AUTHENTIC BALENCIAGA HANDBAG LILAC CITY BAG MPRS
9306350439 AUTH YVES ST LAURENT MUSE HANDBAG OFF WHITE YSL BAG

for violating our Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy. Please read our Replica and Counterfeit Items Policy here:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

We have credited any associated fees to your account. We have also notified the bidders that the listing(s) was removed, and that they are not obligated to complete the transaction.

If you relist this item, or any other item that violates this policy, your account could be suspended.

If you believe your listing was removed in error, please let us know by replying to this email with supporting information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Respectfully,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
[/FONT]

I thought if ebay pulled your listings it won't show on your completed auctions page? I just reread your OP. I'm sure you can explain to your customers. Breathe in and out, it's not worth the stress. Your mother's health is more important than this

Dealing with Ebay was terrible for me as well... So I really do not sell anything anymore.. just buy... It seems that buying bring less problem than selling...

Like joolluver said.. deep breath...deep breathe...Do not stress out this.. it is not worth your health..

I thought if ebay pulled your listings it won't show on your completed auctions page? I just reread your OP. I'm sure you can explain to your customers. Breathe in and out, it's not worth the stress. Your mother's health is more important than this

These listing are almost a year old, don't really know what you mean by not show on completed listings I am just too tired to even think. I do know that my feedback rating hasn't changed & i would have had positive feedback on all of these items. Sorry being dumb here what is OP?

I so know that my mums health is more important & I am worried beyond belief but I have worked hard to build up a business on ebay & pride myself on great customer service. I am a bit of a perfectionist & just cannot bear to be accused of something i would never do in a million years. There is not a dishonest bone in my body

Funny story: My son & I were talking about someone who had embezzled from a local company. I was impressing on him the importance of honesty in this life. I said to him you know my conscience bothers me from years ago, when I was a teenager, I had a friend who worked in a store & she used to give me fruit whe I went in & wouldn't take money. I said even though I didn't realise it then I was effectively stealing from that company & I am going to send them some money. He looked at me & said "Mum I love you but you & your conscience need locked up" :yahoo:

Here is email I just sent to account manager
Hi xxxxx,

I called my solicitor, she says this is definitely defamation of charachter & mentioned other implications. She is champing at the bit to take on the case & reckons I can claim serious damages if I proceed, please advise.

I am serious I will not have my charachter slandered like this. How dare ebay accuse me of a crime that I have not committed! I have paid them an absolute fortune in fees to be treated like this. I am one of the few honest people on ebay & am not going to take this lying down!

I really need contact regarding this.

I will be unavailable today Wednesday until after lunch but I ask that you consult your legal team & have someone get back to me with their proposals or I will have no alternative but to instruct my solicitor to proceed with a claim for defamation of charachter etc etc.

regards

Dealing with Ebay was terrible for me as well... So I really do not sell anything anymore.. just buy... It seems that buying bring less problem than selling...

Like joolluver said.. deep breath...deep breathe...Do not stress out this.. it is not worth your health..
Sorry you had trouble also. Ebay is just not worth the effort anymore. When I sell my stock i am finished there I think. Ebay is so over, noone trusts anymore! They had a good thing going but their greed spoiled it. I reckon with all the lawsuits from the big companies they will just spontaneously combust one of these days!

That is crazy. I think a lot of good sellers are going to kiss E-bay goodbye. Like a lot of things, it was great until the criminals came in and ruined it for everyone else.

That is crazy. I think a lot of good sellers are going to kiss E-bay goodbye. Like a lot of things, it was great until the criminals came in and ruined it for everyone else.
Absolutely, I think some honest people should get together set up an honest site where people could buy in confidence! When i think of all the fakes that I have reported to my account manager & she came back saying "Oh we cannot take your word for it that these are fakes" I ask you? - a Chloe Paddington in bright pink selling at 45GBP!!!!!!! :wtf:

When I wrote OP I mean original post. If it's been a year since the auctions, there really isn't too much to worry about. I meant to say that if you have an auction that is pulled by ebay, it won't show up on a completed item search for your account. If you pull it yourself it will show on your completed auctions page. I'm sure your customers know how honest you are and how crazy ebay is :smile:

When I wrote OP I mean original post. If it's been a year since the auctions, there really isn't too much to worry about. I meant to say that if you have an auction that is pulled by ebay, it won't show up on a completed item search for your account. If you pull it yourself it will show on your completed auctions page. I'm sure your customers know how honest you are and how crazy ebay is :smile:
Yes i know it's crazy! Just worried now they will do it on all my current auctions.
I guess I just need to rise above this & know that my buyers really so have faith in me & that most people know how crazy ebay is at the moment!
Thanks for all the support. Going to bed now to sleep it off LOL Chat tomorrow!

This sucks. I have sold a few things here and there on E-bay and as of late have had nutty buyers. It is not worth it. I hope somehow this works out for you cause us good buyers want to buy with confidence.

This sucks. I have sold a few things here and there on E-bay and as of late have had nutty buyers. It is not worth it. I hope somehow this works out for you cause us good buyers want to buy with confidence.

Thanks & Yes they should sort out all the nutty bidders/buyers & crook sellers & leave the way clear for honest sellers & buyers! Their loss!

If ever there was a case of a business proprietor destroying a multi million dollar business by mismanagement, it is ebay!
They will go down in history for being the ultimate losers! All their ill gotten gains from fees for fake bags will have to be paid out now in compensation to the big houses that are sueing! I say bring it on!!!!!

I wonder what Donald ***** would have to say LOL