A trunk show first for Maxfield

Friday, February 02, 2007

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Chanel's hobo bag
Perhaps as a way for Chanel to reconfirm its tremendous West Coast appeal and drum up buzz for Karl Lagerfeld’s upcoming cruise fashion show in the City of Angels this May, Maxfield hosted the French fashion house's first-ever trunk show at its boutique last Friday, launching its Spring 2007 accessories and ready-to-wear simultaneously. While Chanel declined to disclose numbers, a spokeswoman noted that the store, which was mobbed with customers—even Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen made cameos—sold over half of the initial delivery of accessories in just two hours, with a $1,975 rock and chain lambskin hobo being one of the best sellers.

i think this bag is sooo cute, would definitely prefer white, but I am slightly baffled by how I'd carry it...i'm not much of a HANDbag person, definitely LOVE shoulderbags though! all in all though, very almost futuristic?

Lambskin? So it would be rather delicate...what do you think? Thanks, I am such a newbie when it comes to Chanel.The only Chanel I have is the reissue and the distressed leather would seem to able to mask quite a few sins.

it comes in 2 sizes, correct? is the smaller one also slingbag?

My "look book" black and white pics (not very clear) show this in 2 sizes (I missed the trunk shows) and the smaller one (in another thread posted here) seems to have a more "squared off" bottom while this looks like more "pure hobo".

What I wasn't sure is if both could be worn on the shoulder? Looks like the hobo could? Or is the smaller one held on your arm in your hand? Any one?