GAME of THRONES - HBO - Seasons 1-3 **NO book spoilers!**

I'll be watching! Did anyone see The Full Monty? Mark Addy, who plays the King in this series was the dumpy, low self esteem guy in that flick. He was also in A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger . I think he's a great character actor.
As soon as I saw Mark I thought of The Full Monty. One of my fav movies.

I am SUPER PSYCHED for this series! The books were awesome, and Sean Bean is wonderful, and from the previews it seems like they've really gotten the "look" of the books down. The costumes and sets look great and I hope it does well so that we get more seasons!

OK....so, countdown to GOT on sunday.

Here is a cool interactive map on HBO, and viewers guide. The premier is preceded by a special 15 minutes guide and overview, so set your DVRs accordingly!! :wlae:

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/#!/map/

Thanks for the link. I wished GMartin had included the family trees when I first read the series years ago. It was very confusing to keep track of all the characters and the family lines.

Here's another link of the characters and who plays them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Game_of_Thrones

admat97, I'm going to reread the first book as soon as I finish reading Jennifer Fallon's new book.

Please let's not give spoilers from the book on the thread. If you all end up telling everything here then I don't see any point in watching the show. If you want to talk details about the book, please open a thread on the book forum.

if you want to post a spoiler, use the spoiler alert, or just post to an outside link, but please don't post it directly in the thread.

yes, please.

the spoiler tags are easy to use. just type the word 'spoiler' in bracets [ ] to start, and '/spoiler' in brackets to close it.

it will look like this

discussion of the books specifically should be in a book thread in the books and music sub! :flowers:

I have asked for a 'no book discussion/spoilers' addition to the thread title.

I will also start a separate thread here for a show vs book discussion.

Please let's not give spoilers from the book on the thread. If you all end up telling everything here then I don't see any point in watching the show. If you want to talk details about the book, please open a thread on the book forum.

if you want to post a spoiler, use the spoiler alert, or just post to an outside link, but please don't post it directly in the thread.

To avoid confusion...How long should one wait before posting "non-spoiler" discussions after the show has aired? Some of us wait until after we have viewed the show to come on, but others don't and then ask that we not reveal what we just watched.

Oh, I don't care if you give spoilers about the show. I know some people watch and comment on the site as they watch. I just avoid the thread until I watch.

I just don't want to watch the show and then when I come to the thread, someone tells a spoiler from the book that may not occur until the end of the season.