Sephora Return Policy?

my mom threw away my receipt and the box the products came in for the HD MUFE foundation and their duo mat powder... i tried it at home and they made me look too tannedddd >.<
sooo will sephora still let me exchange both of those products even without the receipt and the boxes? and alsoo i used them a bit but like 2 pumps of the foundation and a bit of the powderrr...

my mom threw away my receipt and the box the products came in for the HD MUFE foundation and their duo mat powder... i tried it at home and they made me look too tannedddd >.<
sooo will sephora still let me exchange both of those products even without the receipt and the boxes? and alsoo i used them a bit but like 2 pumps of the foundation and a bit of the powderrr...

Can you return/exchange an online order to a JC Penny Sephora??

does JC Penny sephoras have about the same stock?? I need to exchange a bare minerals foundation.

I'm not sure if they'll let you return or exchange without the original packaging. However, it never hurts to try at a Sephora store. I had to return a primer without receipt once (have the original packaging; used the product twice but made me breakout, thus the need to return/exchange), and the store manager gave me store credit.

Here's Sephora's return policy per their website:

Return to a Sephora Store
o Visit any free standing Sephora store to return your item(s).
o Please bring your Order Summary and Return Form with you, as well as the credit card you used to place your order.
o If you purchased with your JCPenney credit card, our free standing Sephora store will gladly offer a store credit or an exchange. To receive a full refund on your JCPenney card, please return your item(s) to a Sephora Inside JCPenney store.

I have an inquiry for Canada. I have a new in plastic chanel no 5 edp. i got this 3 weeks ago as a bday gift except i only wear madamoiselle. i dont have a recipt or gift receipt. can i exchange it at sephora. im not a 100% this is where it was purchased. i just wont use this scent :sad:

I have an inquiry for Canada. I have a new in plastic chanel no 5 edp. i got this 3 weeks ago as a bday gift except i only wear madamoiselle. i dont have a recipt or gift receipt. can i exchange it at sephora. im not a 100% this is where it was purchased. i just wont use this scent :sad:

Hate to say it, but yes, they will take it back and issue you credit or you may exchange. All they will ask for is your ID.

Does anyone know what happens when you buy an item during a sale?

I just bought some concealer.. took a pretty educated guess about my shade and if it doesn't work out I just would rather even exchange it for a shade darker/lighter. But I don't want to return it (I'll be returning it by mail since I ordered it online and there is no free standing store near me) and then get credited for the price but then lose the discount and have to pay full price for another shade.

Does anyone know what happens when you buy an item during a sale?

I just bought some concealer.. took a pretty educated guess about my shade and if it doesn't work out I just would rather even exchange it for a shade darker/lighter. But I don't want to return it (I'll be returning it by mail since I ordered it online and there is no free standing store near me) and then get credited for the price but then lose the discount and have to pay full price for another shade.
I would think if you are exchanging for the same product but a different shade it should be fine.

I originally bought my TEMPTU on a F&F sale, and got some foundation cartridges that I thought was the right color.

I miscalculated the color, so I brought them in un-used, had them test me for the right color and they did an even exchange for the right foundation color. NO money, no issues since it was the same item/price and just a different color in the line.

Has anyone sent something back for return via their free shipping label and had the package never get back to Sephora? It's been over 30 days and I still haven't heard about my items being returned. I have never had it take this long; the longest being 2 weeks turn around time. Customer service doesn't seem to be much help either.

I made an account just to ask a question. My ex boyfriend got me the Naked Palette in March... We ended and I don't want it anymore,I don't have the brush it came with nor do I have the primer. I do have the purple velvety case it came in but NOT the box. I wanted to buy myself something like it so I bought the nude tude palette from The Balm with my own money and I'm just as happy and it's 20 dollars less. The naked palette is AMAZING,but I didn't buy it and I just don't want it. I've tried swapping it on makeupalley for something else but someone told me about this forum and hopefully my question will get answered.

Thank you!

Jossierose said:
I made an account just to ask a question. My ex boyfriend got me the Naked Palette in March... We ended and I don't want it anymore,I don't have the brush it came with nor do I have the primer. I do have the purple velvety case it came in but NOT the box. I wanted to buy myself something like it so I bought the nude tude palette from The Balm with my own money and I'm just as happy and it's 20 dollars less. The naked palette is AMAZING,but I didn't buy it and I just don't want it. I've tried swapping it on makeupalley for something else but someone told me about this forum and hopefully my question will get answered.

Thank you!

You're missing too many of the components for them to return it. It's like you're trying to return a sweater after removing the sleeves kwim?

Didn't read this whole thread but I've had no problem returning anything to Sephora. Just last month I purchased YSL Touche (?). I did use a few times but I did not care for it. The top of the box was a little ripped but I did have receipt. No questions at all were asked, it was just taken right off my cc.