Post your CHANEL Purchases, Questions, Swatches, Chit Chat, etc... :)

Just picked up Dragon Lacque after reading the reviews from Temptalia.

I got a free deluxe sample of this from chanel.com when the Lacques first came out, and absolutely love it. I've only had the guts to wear it when I've been out and after I've had a few cocktails, lol, but it's an amazing red. It lasts a long time on me, and even after the gloss wears off my lips are still the same color red. It seems like even this sample will last a long time since the gloss is so pigmented, but I would purchase it for sure if I ran out. Very glamorous!

I just picked up a few things after a facial and makeup application at Chanel today:

Jade Eyeliner Pencil

Murano Eyeshadow Quad

Hydramax + Active Moisturizer

Oooh!!! Now I want THIS quad!! I just phoned bg and switched the enigma quad to the kaska beige quad. Now I wonder if I need a second quad. How similar is this to the enigma? If I have the reflets d'ombres quad and ombres perlees de chanel quint already, and the kaska beige quad coming, which other one do I get? This or enigma? I'm torn! I'm far too indecisive.

Oooh!!! Now I want THIS quad!! I just phoned bg and switched the enigma quad to the kaska beige quad. Now I wonder if I need a second quad. How similar is this to the enigma? If I have the reflets d'ombres quad and ombres perlees de chanel quint already, and the kaska beige quad coming, which other one do I get? This or enigma? I'm torn! I'm far too indecisive.

I don't think they are that similar that you couldn't have both - personally I would get the engima quad too. That is a 'go to' quad for me and the colors work together effortlessly, whether you one wear one, two, three or all four together.

I don't think they are that similar that you couldn't have both - personally I would get the engima quad too. That is a 'go to' quad for me and the colors work together effortlessly, whether you one wear one, two, three or all four together.

Except I'm NOT getting 3 quads. So if I get kaska beige, I'm only getting one more! So this one, or enigma, or dunes. Eek!!! The more time I debate the more quads I keep un-eliminating!! Wrong direction!!!

Bluejinx my vote is for dunes. Such versatile neutrals. To me, I use such a smaller amount of the dark contour color, so having the others as bases and highlighters works out well. :smile: i am a neutral kind of gal, so thats just my two cents. :smile:. Whichever 2 you decide on will be fabulous for you. :flowers:

Bluejinx my vote is for dunes. Such versatile neutrals. To me, I use such a smaller amount of the dark contour color, so having the others as bases and highlighters works out well. :smile: i am a neutral kind of gal, so thats just my two cents. :smile:. Whichever 2 you decide on will be fabulous for you. :flowers:

I'm totally a neutrals girl. That's the problem. Trying to break out of my box. My go tos for everyday is the naked palette, bobbi brown nude palette (fall09) and I'm DYING to get my hands on the chantecaille dolphins palette. 12 days and it will be MINE!!!
Dunes is my long time lemming but I'm trying to fight it. (I fear I'll lose!!)

bluejinx I think that if you want to go outside your comfort zone, stick with kaska beige (I have and LOVE) and go with something different. Dunes is still neutral so maybe something fun like the new summer collection that's coming out or Enigma?

Here are my most recent Chanel purchases. The Pearl Glow Powder, Glossimer, and Rouge Allure lipstick are part of the Tourbillon D'Eclat de Chanel Asia Exclusive collection. I ordered these from a seller in Singapore, something that I've never done before since I'm usually too impatient to wait ~3 weeks for a package, also there hasn't been anything in the past that I wanted so much as to pay the marked-up prices. In this case, there were 5 products that I really wanted (actually there were more, but I've got to draw the line somewhere!) so I just went ahead and took the leap. I just took some basic photos, but will try to add some swatches soon if anyone is interested (it got dark soon after I took these pics). I'm hoping to pick up the Rouge Coco Peregrina and the Aragonite Glossimer soon and can compare these, but I did compare the Liaison Glossimer to Galactic and it is quite different (I'll post that photo next).

I have no idea what to expect from the silver and pearl powders. A few years ago I bought a highlighter palette at NM called "So Chanel", just because it was so pretty, and it did absolutely nothing on my skin! I still use it though, it's a total placebo affect LoL. I hope these at least show up on my skin! Lastly, the eyelash curler is just cool. I didn't need it at all, not one bit, I've been perfectly happy with my Shu-Uemura one, but being the Chanel beauty junkie that I am, I still bought it. :shrugs:

Attachments

• chan_apr21.jpg
    chan_apr21.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 108
  • chan_apr22.jpg
    chan_apr22.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 84
  • chan_apr23.jpg
    chan_apr23.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 110
  • chan_apr24.jpg
    chan_apr24.jpg