Do you think MK copied LV?

I've observed that there is a lot of 'influence' between designers. I have seen the Speedy shape in Burberry, Gucci and Prada. And I think you're right! That MK does have the Totally shape! Who knows who got to the design first?!? :thinking:

Wow it's interesting to know that this MK bag was released before the Totally!

Regardless, I think it is a nice bag and I've seen its other colours and they're cute...well except for his own monogram version of this bag.

Wow it's interesting to know that this MK bag was released before the Totally!

Regardless, I think it is a nice bag and I've seen its other colours and they're cute...well except for his own monogram version of this bag.

I think it's cute also! Not sure I'd want it in gold, but I have had some MK bags in the past and find them to be of very good quality!!

Ah! Life is filled with so many bags and so little time to carry them all!! :lol:

I remember seeing MK's knockoff of a Chanel quilted flap bag too, when I was shopping in Vegas a few months ago. It was in a store window display. And it was an obvious knockoff too.(And in this case there is no question that the Chanel bag came first). At just that moment I heard another woman walk by with her friend talking about the same bag, and one of them said "Oh, my god, Michael Kors is the KING of knocking off other people's styles." She had a point. And I would never carry that gold bag OR the MK quilted flap bag. I know that in fashion there is never really anything entirely, completely new, but come on...such blatant copies??? Eeew! MK, if you're goint to create bags "inspired by" someone else's creations, please be at least a LITTLE original! Geez!( I know he has the ability or he wouldn't be where he is now.)

It really does look like a Totally. And I've been noticing around where I live--here in Palm Beach County I see a ton of people carrying MK bags- not as much as Coach bags but still a lot! I see them way more than LV bags.

I remember seeing MK's knockoff of a Chanel quilted flap bag too, when I was shopping in Vegas a few months ago. It was in a store window display. And it was an obvious knockoff too.(And in this case there is no question that the Chanel bag came first). At just that moment I heard another woman walk by with her friend talking about the same bag, and one of them said "Oh, my god, Michael Kors is the KING of knocking off other people's styles." She had a point. And I would never carry that gold bag OR the MK quilted flap bag. I know that in fashion there is never really anything entirely, completely new, but come on...such blatant copies??? Eeew! MK, if you're goint to create bags "inspired by" someone else's creations, please be at least a LITTLE original! Geez!( I know he has the ability or he wouldn't be where he is now.)

So in this case you are talking about LV copying Michael Kors, right? And quilted bags with chains have been carried by almost every handbag designer since the 1950's. No patent on the style there. LOL! I love LV but in this case, the MK came first unfortunately.

There's always a strong design influence between designers. Once a style proves popular, many companies will make a similar style. It's really just smart business. I think we tend to consider our favorite designers "pure", but the goal of any business is profits. I like seeing great bags with a different spin. More bags to love!