Very very stupid idea?

tamburger

Feb 22, 2011
I have a pair of beige suede CLs... I wish they were a little more nude-ish. I was wondering if lightly misting them with spray tan would be an absolute epic fail? I know it sounds really stupid, but I think it night actually work...

I have a pair of beige suede CLs... I wish they were a little more nude-ish. I was wondering if lightly misting them with spray tan would be an absolute epic fail? I know it sounds really stupid, but I think it night actually work...

Not a good idea:nogood:. The major component in spray tans is Dihyroxyacetone, referred to as DHA, to create the brownish color in the skin. This chemical is a colorless sugar and it is the active ingredient in most sun tanning products. When you spray this chemical onto your skin, you are causing the proteins and amino acids in your skin to react with the oxygen in the air. This reaction creates the brown color that replicates a natural sun tan without the side effects. Plus, I am certain for tanning sprays to work, some heat (body heat) is required for the reaction to take place. Since your shoes lack the production of amino acids, proteins and heat, , the the browning effect will simply not occur. In conclusion, spray tanning your shoes won't tan your shoes. By the way, the suede used on CL shoes is more delicate than other suedes. Most professional cobblers will not dye suede shoes, especially CL shoes.

Not a good idea:nogood:. The major component in spray tans is Dihyroxyacetone, referred to as DHA, to create the brownish color in the skin. This chemical is a colorless sugar and it is the active ingredient in most sun tanning products. When you spray this chemical onto your skin, you are causing the proteins and amino acids in your skin to react with the oxygen in the air. This reaction creates the brown color that replicates a natural sun tan without the side effects. Plus, I am certain for tanning sprays to work, some heat (body heat) is required for the reaction to take place. Since your shoes lack the production of amino acids, proteins and heat, , the the browning effect will simply not occur. In conclusion, spray tanning your shoes won't tan your shoes. By the way, the suede used on CL shoes is more delicate than other suedes. Most professional cobblers will not dye suede shoes, especially CL shoes.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I don´t think anyone can compare to that answer :P

Your so smart I was thinking huh? in that entire thing LOL. Living proof that shoe-obsessed-people are not brainless bobbleheads what stereotypes bring us to be -.-

But I've seen spray tan "stain" clothes. Most salons even instruct you to wear dark clothing after a spray tan to avoid staining light-colored clothes. I understand how the sunless tanning process works, but you would think that there might be some sort of "color" to the product initially if it can stain clothing immediately after application.
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not advocating the use of spray tan on shoes...

But I've seen spray tan "stain" clothes. Most salons even instruct you to wear dark clothing after a spray tan to avoid staining light-colored clothes. I understand how the sunless tanning process works, but you would think that there might be some sort of "color" to the product initially if it can stain clothing immediately after application.
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not advocating the use of spray tan on shoes...

I'm thinking that the liquid changes colors on your skin but not all of it is absorbed so that "excess" can transfer :thinking: