Peppermint park in O magazine

Well I have been researching this for a while too with no results confirming or disproving the authenticity. However, I happened to have visited the modaqueen website and what do you know? Many of the pictures used WITH exact descriptions are taken directly from the modaqueen website. Geez,, if you are going to steal pictures off the web at least steal them from a reputable site!

I also emailed O magazine asking them about the site and indicating that I thought the purses being sold were fakes ( I gave the modaqueen pictures as "proof". I also asked for them to prove me wrong as I expected o magazine to do a better job at researching these sites before endorsing them to it's readers.

Imp21, did you get your money back? And Bargainista did you get any response from O Mag?

Isn't that strange? I replied earlier today but when I submitted the post, I got a notice saying the forum was down for repairs but I just thought it would have got posted later rather than never!
In any case, no I did not receive any reply from O magazine and truthfully I never expected one. It was so hard to even find an address in which to send an email I wonder where it even ended up.
The whole thing just galls me. People look to anything having to do with Oprah without question and absolute trust. I am sure they assume that the magazine would research any website and verify for it's veracity.
I am hoping this thread becomes big enough so that anyone googling peppermint park ( like I originally did) will end up at this forum to see the truth instead of coming up with nothing but how "Adam Glassman is loving Peppermint Park"( which is all I kept finding). Did you do anything about your purses?

So I am a new member here. I joined actually just for the Peppermint Park deets!

I too was concerned, so I did a little research :smile:. I sent my Prada tote and Gucci Medium Sukey TO the Fashion Editor at O Magazine (I have a friend who works in the Editorial world in NYC) demanding they investigate. O Magazine had my handbags sent to Prada and Gucci Control. After a few weeks, both of my bags came back autheticated with a green light.

I'm pretty sure Peppermint Park purchases past season or outlet closeouts, thoughts? Their clothing is impeccable and I've not had a complaint in that department :smile:

Has anyone else heard back from O Magazine?

So I am a new member here. I joined actually just for the Peppermint Park deets!

I too was concerned, so I did a little research :smile:. I sent my Prada tote and Gucci Medium Sukey TO the Fashion Editor at O Magazine (I have a friend who works in the Editorial world in NYC) demanding they investigate. O Magazine had my handbags sent to Prada and Gucci Control. After a few weeks, both of my bags came back autheticated with a green light.

I'm pretty sure Peppermint Park purchases past season or outlet closeouts, thoughts? Their clothing is impeccable and I've not had a complaint in that department :smile:

Has anyone else heard back from O Magazine?
I don't doubt that the clothing is legit but I still have a problem believing the Prada purses are authentic. I have not heard from O magazine and again, I doubt I will. The number one issue I have with the site right now is that the pictures they use of the purses are the EXACT same as the pictures posted at Modaqueen. If Peppermint Park has their own authentic bags for sale why do they not have their own photos and own descriptions? If a site has their own bags for sale, they should have their own photos with the ability to see close up shots and with proper descriptions. When I emailed Peppermint Park asking why there were descriptions for some purses and not for others I was told that they have so much shipment coming in and that they have only one person writing them, that they are behind. So....instead of writing them, they steal the descriptions right off another website which is known for selling replicas?

It just doesn't make sense. And I don't know if you saw the photos that were posted in the Authenticate this Prada thread by Newbie2, but even to someone like me who by no means is an expert, could tell they were not real.
How about posting photos of your purses in the Authenticate this Prada or Authenticate this Gucci threads and see what the ladies here think? I am not trying to dispute your words but....it all just does not add up.

Bargainista, I'm sorry but I'm very curious of Burberrygirl013 post. I have filed with BBB and talked to Peppermint Park. They will not refund to credit card. Will now have to get bags authenticated by 3rd party. They're adamant that is real and illegal to sell fakes. Wondering if they sell some real ones for receipts and fakes to make up the difference? What are your thoughts? Would love to see Burberrygirls013 bags. Amazing that O Mag will send them to Gucci and Prada and got info back so quickly.

ETA: Whatever happen to Air E Yon? Bargainista, I think you will hear back from O Mag sooner or later.....there's been quite a few inquiries?

Bargainista, I'm sorry but I'm very curious of Burberrygirl013 post. I have filed with BBB and talked to Peppermint Park. They will not refund to credit card. Will now have to get bags authenticated by 3rd party. They're adamant that is real and illegal to sell fakes. Wondering if they sell some real ones for receipts and fakes to make up the difference? What are your thoughts? Would love to see Burberrygirls013 bags. Amazing that O Mag will send them to Gucci and Prada and got info back so quickly.

ETA: Whatever happen to Air E Yon? Bargainista, I think you will hear back from O Mag sooner or later.....there's been quite a few inquiries?
Newbie2, I honestly dont' know what to think! I am also curious about Buberrygirls013 post and I believe in honest discussion and dont' like to cast aspersions on anyone. But I find it very hard to believe that O magazine would go to the trouble of sending out someone else purse for authentification. Maybe Burberrygirl013 can contact her Editor friend and see if they can do the same for your bags?
I would like to believe the purses are real......but it just seems way too good to be true.

Bargainista, a friend just told me there is a review of the site on facebook. Someone else says they bought a "fake" Gucci and couldn't get a refund.
Yeah, I just checked it. I have more reason to believe what they sell are fakes than I have to believe they sell authentic purses. With due respect to Burberrygirl013's post.... I have a hard time believing O magazine would go to the trouble of sending her purse for authentification. And I am always weary of someone who joins just to sing the praises of a website.

It looks like you are going to have to get your purses authenticated in order for you to get a refund. I don't even know where you go for that...I'm guessing the Prada store. The ladies on this forum have more experience with that kind of stuff than I do. Also, did you try calling your credit card company. From what little I have read here, you should do a chargeback. Let them know that your were told you were buying "authentic" designer purses and you got fakes.

Newbie2, I honestly dont' know what to think! I am also curious about Buberrygirls013 post and I believe in honest discussion and dont' like to cast aspersions on anyone. But I find it very hard to believe that O magazine would go to the trouble of sending out someone else purse for authentification. Maybe Burberrygirl013 can contact her Editor friend and see if they can do the same for your bags?
I would like to believe the purses are real......but it just seems way too good to be true.

I'm sorry to sound cynical, but there is no way that O Magazine would go to the trouble to do what Burberrygirl013 is claiming. I think it's a tall tale.

The only way to tell for sure is to have her post pics of her actual bags and provide written documentation that it actually happened.

I'm sorry to sound cynical, but there is no way that O Magazine would go to the trouble to do what Burberrygirl013 is claiming. I think it's a tall tale.

The only way to tell for sure is to have her post pics of her actual bags and provide written documentation that it actually happened.

I don't think you are being way too cynical at all! I agree with you... I'd like to give Burberrygirl013 the benefit of the doubt but like others claiming they received authentic purses.... She too has since disappeared!

I bought a couple bags from them a couple months ago that turned out to be horrible fakes. They tried to refuse to refund my money and only my threats to contact the attorney general led to them giving me a total refund.

I think I will contact the Attorney general anyhow. They tried to play that Oprah card with me, too. What a bunch of crap. Check out the women who are running this outfit - it is a total joke. Don't buy from them.