Please help me justify?

koukanamiya

It is what it is
May 25, 2006
I'm having a bit of a dilemma here. As you know, I ordered a wallet. I'm definitely buying it but it's a small one. I just did a quick tally of my cards and here are what I have:

4 credit cards
2 debit cards
3 insurance cards
2 id cards
1 Costco card
Several more points cards

So, a compact wallet is not going to be able to fit all this. I can't justify getting another wallet and I'm too set in my ways to put my cards inside any agendas. Should I get another wallet if I don't want to get an agenda to hold the cards? Any other way?

I'd just put your essentials in your wallet, and I put my other cards in a separate case. You can get a no-name brand small cc case and keep your point cards and lesser-used cards in there. I used to want to carry everything with me and stuffed everything into a wallet, but now that I'm using the aforementioned method, I find it so much easier carrying a smaller wallet, and realize I just don't need that much on a day-to-day basis.

I'm with Orchids on this one I used to jam everything into one wallet and then I streamlined and I love it.

All the loyalty cards, airline cards, insurance etc are in a separate card holder now. It makes finding the credit card I want much easier and doesn't bulge out the lines of my wallet.

And just think..... more colour for the H rainbow in your bag :graucho:

I have my loyalty cards etc in a separate cardholder with individual sleeve. I have way too many of these ~ 30 or so.

For my credit cards, ID, driver's license .... that's why I love the Long Azap :nuts:

Most of my loyalty cards are tied to my phone number, so I don't need to carry those at all.

However, with all the other stuff - ID cards for health ins, license - and I carry only two credit cards and one debit card - I still needed the long azap, too - and have found it perfect and I love it! I kept trying to love the Bearn, but figured even the tri-fold would be not quite big enough. The azap really is Hermes by stealth, though - if you didn't know who made it, you would probably never guess.

Wait, kou! Are you finally buying a wallet:nuts: :yahoo: ? I totally missed your thread! When did you decide to buy a wallet?

Anyway, Congrates! Heeheehee..of course, my favorite Hermes wallet is croc. bearn wallet:graucho: ...I bought 5 croc. bearn wallets, and a couple of them found a new home (regarding issues on wrong color to have right now, or I want in croc not in alligator in certain colors...etc:sad:) but I still plan to buy more croc. bearn wallets...

What about your favorite color Fushia croc. or ostrich bearn wallet? If you carry too many cards, you can get a trifold one:yes: !

I'd just put your essentials in your wallet, and I put my other cards in a separate case. You can get a no-name brand small cc case and keep your point cards and lesser-used cards in there. I used to want to carry everything with me and stuffed everything into a wallet, but now that I'm using the aforementioned method, I find it so much easier carrying a smaller wallet, and realize I just don't need that much on a day-to-day basis.

WISE WOMAN....AND I SO AGREE WITH THIS METHOD. I DO THE SAME!

(Kou...what wallet are you getting?)

I have about 15 cards/gift cards, etc. in my Dogon wallet and that doesn't include the two pockets that are in the separate zipper portion. It is such a yummy wallet. It is large and is so luxurious to handle and it has such presence! You might want to take a close look at one.

Kou, how about getting one of these cyclamen card case? It can hold a lot but just make sure the magnet stripes do not touch.

I can fit my id cards, driver's licence, 4 credit and ATM cards, and two other cards in it.

Bought it last year and it should be around USD 230.

Attachments

• card and coin case.JPG
    card and coin case.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 108
my peko that is too cute for words! do you have a pic of it fully loaded? what's the total # of cards you carry in it then? and how many on each side (what's the break down)?
i downsized my wallet recently, or i should say, the contents, in anticipation of a new wallet this year or next year. wanted to make the adjustment now. quite fun to weed and eliminate unnecessary clutter (in the closet too:yes:), but kou, if you're married to all the stuff you currently carry with you, then i think a compact wallet is out. if you want to carry everything together then you need a wallet that can accomodate everything. if you're okay about separating stuff, then you have a lot of options, but if you're still going to always carry both, why not just get one wallet big enough for it all.