CHEAT BUYERS-reduce payment-What to do??

lvgodiva

O.G.
Jan 7, 2007
Hello, as I ever told in my past thread, my friend is selling her LV & I sometimes 'donate' & consign my LV on her auctions, too :smile:
I never had problem with my friend ( hopefully ) but I starting have problem with some buyers ( not all buyers, some of buyers are 100% honest & trustworthy ).
Our market is in Asia coz we're in Asia, too so not to difficult to ship, receive payment etc.

I've sold some LV by consign to my friend but 4 from 9 payments I received ( buyers send direct to my bank account ) less than the final price I deal with buyers. Normally, I keep ship their LV although I receive less than the final price coz I'm not a re-seller so I not make profit once re-sell my LV.

But, the last thing I can't tolerate, I just sold my Multicolore White Speedy & I think it's GREAT DEAL as I sold it around $705 only complete with the care booklet-clochette-keys-paper work-but NO receipt as I learned from Oh Donna! thread that give receipt can create trouble for seller.

A day after buyer click BIN, she told me that she's wire out money & she use her 'personal currency converter' :Push: ( I've checked xe.com & new paper to see currency converter & never in the world I encountered such that low currency converter ). So she sent me $670 only, it mean less $35 from our deal!! Normally, some nasty buyers reduce around $20-25 from my payment & I pretty sure it's not by bank charge coz I've counted bank charge into my selling price.

I TOTALLY can't tolerate this thing!! I mean, where in the world you can Buy It Now good-cond Multicolore White Speedy for $670 only??

Could you advice me, please? I intend to ask her the rest $35 but I can't accept PayPal as PayPal service has not avalaible for receive payment for my country while I can't ask her to do bank-wire as for bank-wire, you must send money at least $100. I think those some cheat buyers know this term & know I've no way to receive the rest.

Should I refund her and cancel transaction or I've another alternative to get my $35 as I really won't sell my Multicolore White Speedy for $670 only!!

I would stick firm to the price you sold it for. I guess it depends on the day the transaction was made with the currency going up and down. I would ask for the rest of the money. You sold it for over $1000 under retail. I would point that out to them.

I would send them an email first and tell them that they sent you the wrong amount. Tell them you will refund them the original payment and that they should send you the correct amount. Explain to them that you need to do it this way because you cannot accept any additional amount less than $100. It could have been an honest mistake.

I would stick firm to the price you sold it for. I guess it depends on the day the transaction was made with the currency going up and down. I would ask for the rest of the money. You sold it for over $1000 under retail. I would point that out to them.

She sent me this morning and as long as I notice, the currency never went that low ( I read newspaper everyday & the first page I see is currency page as I like to buy ol so it's necessary for me to keep up-date about currency :smile: ).

Yes, that I mean, spendingmore :smile: I gave her already too much low than the retail price but I wouldn't mind it as I'm not too love this bag anymore ( I just bought the new one with much pink & light green color ) but I really can't tolerate if she'd like me to go lower than I sold for...

I would send them an email first and tell them that they sent you the wrong amount. Tell them you will refund them the original payment and that they should send you the correct amount. Explain to them that you need to do it this way because you cannot accept any additional amount less than $100. It could have been an honest mistake.

Thanks, lorihmatthews :smile: you always help me :heart: anyway, to do bank-wire, my bank will charge sender around $10 so is it fair if I take $10 from her refund money as I do this refund by her mistake?

Thanks, lorihmatthews :smile: you always help me :heart: anyway, to do bank-wire, my bank will charge sender around $10 so is it fair if I take $10 from her refund money as I do this refund by her mistake?

I think I would communicate with her first to see how she will react. I would say something like: "Dear buyer, when you wired money to me, you mistakenly didn't send me enough. I need $30 more to complete this transaction. Unfortunately, I can't accept a wire for less than $100. What I can do is refund your original transaction, and then you can send me the correct amount. However, this will cost $10 more because I am refunding your original transaction. Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Or, can the buyer send you $30 cash to cover the remaining amount?

I think I would communicate with her first to see how she will react. I would say something like: "Dear buyer, when you wired money to me, you mistakenly didn't send me enough. I need $30 more to complete this transaction. Unfortunately, I can't accept a wire for less than $100. What I can do is refund your original transaction, and then you can send me the correct amount. However, this will cost $10 more because I am refunding your original transaction. Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Thanks, Lorihmatthews :smile: I'll email her now

Ooh I can't trust post office here to receive cash money :Push: Stephanie ( Eeast-Madison ) send back my wrong currency ( Sin $ ) inside my wallet that I bought from her and when the package arrived, I received wallet only, not the $$. Post office staff 'eat' that $$.

Thanks, Lorihmatthews :smile: I'll email her now

Ooh I can't trust post office here to receive cash money :Push: Stephanie ( Eeast-Madison ) send back my wrong currency ( Sin $ ) inside my wallet that I bought from her and when the package arrived, I received wallet only, not the $$. Post office staff 'eat' that $$.

PS: I'm in Asia