Ardennes leather?

Hi - it has been discontinued but I'm not aware of quality problems with it. I don't know the reason for the discontinuation.

I had a Bolide in this leather - black - I sold it to make way for new bags but it was soooooo hard to let it go! It was 13 years old and looked like new, despite the fact that I used it every day for work for years. The leather has large grains but quite flat, it's quite structured (does not slouch or flop) and was amazingly water and scratch resistant. It really stood the test of time.

Reactions: TiaraRN
I have an Evelyne in that leather which is 12 or 13 years old and looks brandspanking new. Nice leather, scratch resistant, but unfortunately discontinued.

My bolide is 15 years old and looks new. And I echo everything Madame Wilde and Hello2703 say about it. It's large grained but flatter, not stiff but certainly not slouchy, and it has a touch of a sheen to it but is not shiny by any means.

my black birkin ardenne, is 8 years old and it is a tough strong lady!
until i came to tPF, i didn't even know the name of the leather.
i knew i liked it when i first saw it - durable, strong, but not at all stiff.
off i went to claude, from the madison avenue store,
to put a name to the leather, and he told me it was discontinued.
i used it practically every day, everywhere,
and it has seen its share of rain and scratches, and abuses,
and yes, madame and hello and coco-nut,
it has weathered every rough test i have put it through!
it has had a few spa treatments and it gets better with age.

Thank you for all the info on ardenne. What do you all think of a 35cm black ardenne with gold hardware? It would be my first birkin now that I can't go to Paris until probably Jan 08...:crybaby:

Yea? You don't think I should wait until Paris? In my heart I think I prefer black with palladium hw, but I know black with gold hw is a forever classic look. I also like how ardenne does not slouch as much as togo, and the bag does look practically brand new.

I can't decide. I have been thinking about this since last night and losing sleep. HELP!

my black birkin ardenne, is 8 years old and it is a tough strong lady!
until i came to tPF, i didn't even know the name of the leather.
i knew i liked it when i first saw it - durable, strong, but not at all stiff.
off i went to claude, from the madison avenue store,
to put a name to the leather, and he told me it was discontinued.
i used it practically every day, everywhere,
and it has seen its share of rain and scratches, and abuses,
and yes, madame and hello and coco-nut,
it has weathered every rough test i have put it through!
it has had a few spa treatments and it gets better with age.

I have a 40cm birkin in gold vachette ardennes, and I totally agree with what shoppingbaglady said here. It was my only H bag for about 6 years, and I used it every single day, and it still looks great. I would add to what everybody said that it's quite heavy and a bit shiny.
What seller is it? I would love to see pics. I think 35 with gold HW is just the perfect bag.

I adore mine, here it is:

Attachments

• birkin 40 vachette ardenne gold x tPF.jpg
    birkin 40 vachette ardenne gold x tPF.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 6,352
Reactions: Natgalilee