For Moms: Easy-Bake Ovens recalled

Wow!! I heard about that on the news. Me and my Daughter 'cook' cakes/cookies with it together, so she has my supervision. Plus she has someone to share those yummy treats with it...lol Although they are so tiny to start with.

I never had one, but those things are sold with a plastic arm to put things in and out of the oven, right? And kids are supposed to use those things with adult supervision?

Is this recall because of a defect of the product, or is it because it's just not safe?

(Wouldn't the instructions say "Warning, do not stick your hand or fingers inside the oven"?)

It's probably because little kids who operate it without adult supervision stick their hands in the oven part...and the parents hold the company responsible.

I made little fake brownies and cakes with my Easy Bake Oven back in the late 60's! I'd be in my room for hours, hot light bulb and all-brings back memories! I'd give them to my dad when he came home. He always said "Yummy!" and probably dumped them in the garbage the minute I left the room.

Hmmm, the old EZ Bake Oven was better...No door, you just shoved the pan through and the lightbulb cooked it. Yum!

I still have my old ez bake oven...and it still works! :biggrin: