Best foundation for OILY SKIN?

knn

Nov 2, 2006
Hi !!

I am acidic so makeup usually turns dark and runs off after an hour or two. I have very oily skin too!! I look tired and washed out more and more as I age. My features are quite nice but skin tone is blech!!:yucky:

Please help me to achieve even skin tone, fresh ang glowy skin.

To achieve that:
1. do I buy liquid foundation or powder form? but powder form might look cakey?
2. which brand is the BEST you reckon?

Thanks lots in advance;)

I'm very oily and I use Bare Escentuals foundation, bisque and mineral veil. I still need to use blotting papers halfway through the day, but this is a huge improvement for me. No other foundation has ever worked this well for me.

Look for WATER based foundation- I know that LANCOME offers a few foundations that is water based & also, use a loose powder to set. :smile: It helps soak up any excess oils

I just bought Laura Mercier as a recommendation from a lot of people from this forum. The foundation powder is really nice.
I work for Laura Mercier and I have quite oily skin, I do think they have one of the best powder foundations, I also love Shu Uemura powder foundation, I think it lasts even longer on me than my LM........and I like the color options. They are both great though and I would recommend staying away from liquid foundations with very oily skin, just a little concealer if needed, dust skin with translucent colorless powder, then apply a layer of powder foundation either with a brush or a sponge......

Either Chanel Double Perfection Compacte (medium coverage), MAC Studio Fix (heavy coverage) or Giorgio Armani Matte Silk Foundation (light coverage)

I'm very oily and I use Bare Escentuals foundation, bisque and mineral veil. I still need to use blotting papers halfway through the day, but this is a huge improvement for me. No other foundation has ever worked this well for me.

I second this. I use the medium or medium/tan color. People are constantly complimenting my glowing complexion thanks to this wonderful makeup. I sure wish I looked like that without it;) . Also, the blotting papers are absolutely essential for a fresh face all day.

I also use Bare Minerals. Wouldn't try anything else after four years. Although I use their blush, I also use Nars blush. Lately, though, I've been using Tarte Cheek Stain over the foundation and under the Mineral Veil. It gives a very natural glow.

Be careful when using Bare Minerals for the first time. You need a lot less powder than you think. It takes a few tries to get it right but you'll be a convert once you do.

My skin is so oily I used to say you ca fry a egg on it in the afternoons! Then I discovered this cult Japanese makeup label Kesalan Patharan, which makes excellent waterbased liquid foundations. The texture, as with most Japanese cosmetics, is very fine. So it is very light weight and I don't feel it. But the coverage is medium to full and it doesn't oxidise easily. The skin is kept matt all day.

I've tried SO many foundations and like you I have oily skin. Ive tried high end and low end and the best by far--for me--has been Revlon Colorstay in the oily skin formula. Worth a try for a little over $10

I use NARS Sheer Matte and have sampled MUFE Matte+.
Two other brands I've contemplated trying (but need to get samples first) were Chanel Mat Lumiere and Bobbi Brown.