Calling all Pucci experts!

leilani01

O.G.
Jan 9, 2008
[FONT=&quot]Does Pucci make the same design in different materials?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here’s my dilemma: In March, I saw a beautiful blue and white Pucci scarf “Corallo” at the Las Vegas Saks. Since it would have been my first luxury scarf purchase and I was unsure about whether I’d get enough use per wear, I passed on it. Fast forward to last week: I popped into Loehmann’s and saw this scarf and purchased it for a very, very good price. However, I’m now having second thoughts about its authenticity since I thought the scarf I saw in Saks was made of a “hefty” silk satin/twill while my Loehmann’s purchase feels lighter, almost like silk chiffon. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also there are @ 20 “Emilio” printed throughout the scarf. Is this normal?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pucci also made the “Corallo” in fuchsia and white and that color combination definitely feels like silk satin/twill with a nice weight and beautiful drape.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Would greatly appreciate any opinions/advice, etc. :biggrin:[/FONT]

Attachments

• Copy of Pucci scarf.JPG
    Copy of Pucci scarf.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Pucci scarf_care tag - Copy.JPG
    Pucci scarf_care tag - Copy.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Pucci scarf_hem - Copy.JPG
    Pucci scarf_hem - Copy.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Pucci scarf_label - Copy.JPG
    Pucci scarf_label - Copy.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Pucci scarf_signature - Copy.JPG
    Pucci scarf_signature - Copy.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 85
Here are pictures of both Corallo prints in blue and white and fuchsia and white. Pix. are from department store websites.

Attachments

• Pucci _Corallo_ silk scarf_Bloomie's Mar 2010 $295_36x36.jpg
    Pucci _Corallo_ silk scarf_Bloomie's Mar 2010 $295_36x36.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Emilio Pucci Corallo scarf_pink.jpg
    Emilio Pucci Corallo scarf_pink.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 110
Yes, I have seen them use the same print on various fabrics and have seen several fabrics used for scarves. I love Pucci!

Let us know how this turns out.

Sorry for the very belated update with my authentication dilemma!

Mal, Lookingood35 – Thanks for your concern and insight into ways of Pucci. :smile:

The good news: I’m about 99.99% sure that my blue and white Corallo scarf is genuine! Thanks to a kind and knowledgeable tPFer (
special shoutout for jburgh) who helped me scrutinize the details and a visit to my local boutique (in Nov) to get a feel for their different weights/fabrics, I felt quite reassured and opted to keep the scarf.

Interestingly, when I
finally wore the Corallo the other day and swung by the same Pucci boutique, the SAs didn’t seem to notice anything amiss. One of them even complimented my scarf which I interpreted as a very good sign.