Proenza Schouler PS1 bag

@ iluvmybags, oscarlilytc, kenzo89, pradapiggy

Thank you so much for your input and for taking the time to post pics (your bag looks absolutely smooshy, oscarlilytc!). I would love the large, but I'm about the size of MK Olsen and I think it looks too overwhelming on her.

Darn, I'm still undecided!

@ iluvmybags, oscarlilytc, kenzo89, pradapiggy

Thank you so much for your input and for taking the time to post pics (your bag looks absolutely smooshy, oscarlilytc!). I would love the large, but I'm about the size of MK Olsen and I think it looks too overwhelming on her.

Darn, I'm still undecided!

you're welcome Biz -- I'm on the shorter side (5 feet) & I added a few modeling pics to the Reference thread of my Medium:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...ere-reference-only-633763-4.html#post17384244

there are also some modeling pics of people at random taken from various blogs in that same thread (scroll up from my post)

maybe those will help you decide (my bag was newer in those pics -- I can snap a few later today to show you how much softer it's gotten since I've been using it)

you're welcome Biz -- I'm on the shorter side (5 feet) & I added a few modeling pics to the Reference thread of my Medium:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...ere-reference-only-633763-4.html#post17384244

there are also some modeling pics of people at random taken from various blogs in that same thread (scroll up from my post)

maybe those will help you decide (my bag was newer in those pics -- I can snap a few later today to show you how much softer it's gotten since I've been using it)

Thank you again iluvmybags - before and after pics would be GREATLY appreciated (by a lot of tPF'ers I'm guessing)! That is so sweet of you to offer.

I was hoping the bag could end up having the same kind of slouch as mary-kates tobacco suede, but from your replies I understand that I shouldn't expect that (maybe the suede bags are softer? Too bad I hate suede!).

Actually, I posted a lot of the blog photos in the other thread. The modelling pics you girls have posted also really helped me decide that the medium was probably best for someone my size (abt. 5 ft. as well). The medium looks really good on you too, I think.

Arrhh, the poor bag is just sitting here on my dining table, while I'm trying to make up my mind if it can stay or be cast away. ;)

Bizaar, i don't want to sound too negative, but for me, whenever I unpack a bag just to find out it's not how I imagined, and I start to be undecided…it has to go back… if it is not love right away, it usually won't be any time soon. Though the PS1 is gorgeous, that's for sure!

i completely agree, jenny.

with the exception of my GGH aguamarine bal hobo (an acquired taste!) it has been love at first sight or not at all with all my bags over the years. guess i'm hoping this will be the second exception. ;)

Thank you again iluvmybags - before and after pics would be GREATLY appreciated (by a lot of tPF'ers I'm guessing)! That is so sweet of you to offer.

I was hoping the bag could end up having the same kind of slouch as mary-kates tobacco suede, but from your replies I understand that I shouldn't expect that (maybe the suede bags are softer? Too bad I hate suede!).

Actually, I posted a lot of the blog photos in the other thread. The modelling pics you girls have posted also really helped me decide that the medium was probably best for someone my size (abt. 5 ft. as well). The medium looks really good on you too, I think.

Arrhh, the poor bag is just sitting here on my dining table, while I'm trying to make up my mind if it can stay or be cast away. ;)

The leather is gorgeous and will still soften up, even if it doesn't get super slouchy.

Seeing you are using Balenciaga references, to me it will be kind of like the Bal mid-afternoon. The leather is still the same gorgeous, soft Bal leather, but it will never get super-squishy like a City that has no structure.

Attachments

• DSC00858.JPG
    DSC00858.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 473
Yes, HG bags are absolutely legit. Do a search on them, there are heaps of threads about them, both here and particularly in Balenciaga!

They are great!! In fact I may have just ordered another bag from them yesterday!! (Shh - it's a secret!! Don't tell my husband!!!!)

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out on vacation and came back just today. I have not yet taken a picture of me with my new large keepall - my camera has been acting up and needs to be repaired. In the meantime, here are pictures of my friend in Barney's NY when she bought the bag for me. I have also attached a pic of her with the large PS1. She is, I think, 5 feet 4 inches. I myself am 5 feet 5 inches and find that the large keepall is just right for me.

The leather is divine. I just love the smell of new leather.

The pics were taken with a camera phone so please pardon the quality.

The keepall looks great!

I love the shape of it. It is just such a classic looking bag that will look good forever I think.

The keepall looks great!

I love the shape of it. It is just such a classic looking bag that will look good forever I think.

Thanks! I love big bags and the keepall is definitely a winner in my book. It can carry my laptop and lots of other things. It doesn't slouch as much as I want it to but the leather is still so soft. The price is also more affordable than the regular PS1s.

I would like another in military. Hope they come up with other colors.

My midnight large in leather does slouch the way MK's does. Mine is around 2,5 years old. :smile:

Hi Kenzo89,

I was thinking of getting a large, but then your post caught my eyes and I am leaning towards medium:smile:

can you put a bulk of A4 papers (or letterheads)/folders in the medium? or it's just a few papers ?

For anyone wondering, you can actually fit A4 into Medium. I just tried it. I'm surprised (lol) but it accomodates it perfectly.