Mandy Moore: Nicole Is A Toothpick !

Jan 23, 2006

Here’s Mandy’s full quote: “Oh, God! I tell you what: In this industry it’s my job to look a certain way or whatnot — and it’s’ weird for mem too. But I’m much happier to present this type of person. I’m not Nicole Richie. I’m not like a toothpick, and I will never be. I’m just a regular-looking person — and that’s okay. I’s taken a while to come to grips with that since its’ definitely not the norm in my business. But, like, who cares? If anything, that makes someone more special — or at least that’s what I tell myself. [Laughs]

Mandy rips on Nicole’s body image saying, “I’m not Nicole Richie. I’m not like a toothpick, and I will never be.” Them fighting words! The March 2007 issue of Seventeen hits newsstands Feb. 13 — just in time for Valentine’s Day!

Attachments

• mandy-moore-seventeen-magazine.jpg
    mandy-moore-seventeen-magazine.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 287
I don't think it's particularly fighting words, I mean if she said something like 'I'm not Nicole Richie, I don't go from looking unhealthy and overweight to looking like an anorexic' it would be different. I like Mandy and think that she's a breath of fresh air.

I don't think those are fighting words. Good for her for going through her teenaged years in Hollywood and coming out with some self esteem and self respect:yes: .

The Paris Hiltons, Nicole Richies, Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohans of Hollywood really make me admire the ones that have good heads on their shoulders like Mandy Moore and Natalie Portman.

lol It was most definitely fighting words considering she's dating DJ AM, Nicole's ex! She could have chosen any random twig in hollywood to use as an example, but she chose Nicole.

I don't think it's particularly fighting words, I mean if she said something like 'I'm not Nicole Richie, I don't go from looking unhealthy and overweight to looking like an anorexic' it would be different. I like Mandy and think that she's a breath of fresh air.
UMM NO! Nicole did not look unhealthy and overweight she looked FINE! :cursing:

I personally agree with Prada, and think that no one should discuss what people look like and their names in a public magazine. She is basically saying that Nicole looks gross.

I've been 5'9" and 115 lbs my whole life, of course, and eat like a cow. Sometimes people like to tell you that you look "disgusting" or "gross." I guess that's OK but calling people fat isn't.

I still don't think those are fighting words. If she had referred to Nicole as Skeletor or something then yes, they would be. I think she was just naming someone known for being really skinny.

And 'toothpick' sounds a lot better than 'skin and bones.'

I agree with Caitlin.
And anyway, I loved Mandy's look in her new movie Because I Said So.
She used to be really thin when she was younger but then she matured and she just looks really nice now, IMO.

I still don't think those are fighting words. If she had referred to Nicole as Skeletor or something then yes, they would be. I think she was just naming someone known for being really skinny.

And 'toothpick' sounds a lot better than 'skin and bones.'

Yeah but this is an interview for Seventeen, so its not like she can say "gross skinny b***h" its a little more subtle. People give too much credit to celebs, they are regular people, they aren't all saints. Mandy Moore is a regular person, and anyhow, she used to hang with the Osbournes, so how innocent can she be?