Vintage Dooney & Bourke

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
I thought I would make a thread for everyone to share their vintage Dooney and Bourke's!

I'm thinking of buying an old AWL bag for the summer. I thought the Ivory/British tan would be a nice summer look.

So drag out your oldies, and let's celebrate a classic!

Last edited:
Dooney.jpg

I'm interested in the bottom middle "Carryon" on the right side photo. I think this bag has a very nice structure to it. Can anyone tell me the actual name or style number?

My vintage all weather bag from Goodwill for $4.99. I also found a all weather wallet in black for $2.99 at GW. Both are like new and the purse still had the registration card in it.

Attachments

• IMG_2528[1].JPG
    IMG_2528[1].JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 8,917
Reactions: coachjunkee
I have several vintage Dooneys...need to take a group picture!

The great thing is that the quality of today's Dooneys seems just as good as the quality of the vintage pieces. :smile:

Last edited:
Dooney.jpg

I'm interested in the bottom middle "Carryon" on the right side photo. I think this bag has a very nice structure to it. Can anyone tell me the actual name or style number?

Great thread!

I have probably 20 or more vintage AWL bags! When I started buying Dooney & Bourke... that was all they made. They are still as gorgeous today as they were the day they were purchased. Say what you will about the company... their vintage bags are of superb quality.

Regarding your picture on the left... I have the bag on the left in black with British tan trim and in navy blue with BT trim. The satchel on the left is probably my favorite D&B vintage style. I have that style in the same BT pictured, black w/ black trim, black with BT trim, green with BT trim and, my absolute favorite... rouge with BT trim (I special ordered that one eons ago...lol).

My 12 y/o daughter carries them occasionally :smile:

These are the bags I have so far...
1) Med Green/Tan Satchel
2) Sm Black Surrey
3) Sm Navy/Tan Equestrian
4) Brown Camera Bag
I'm hoping to find British Tan, Red and Taupe bags to add to the colleciton

Attachments

• PICT0343.JPG
    PICT0343.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 7,618
Reactions: VintageViv
So I see Liz Clairborne made, back in the 80's a bag similar to the AWL. I just picked one up at Goodwill for $3.99 in Navy with British Tan trim. Looks so identical to Dooneys.
(When I first grabbed it off the rack I was sooooexcited to find a Dooney... boo it wasn't a Dooney)

Similar to zippy14u's satchel in the above picture. If you switch the hang tag it would be hard to tell the difference. :graucho:

So I see Liz Clairborne made, back in the 80's a bag similar to the AWL. I just picked one up at Goodwill for $3.99 in Navy with British Tan trim. Looks so identical to Dooneys.
(When I first grabbed it off the rack I was sooooexcited to find a Dooney... boo it wasn't a Dooney)

Similar to zippy14u's satchel in the above picture. If you switch the hang tag it would be hard to tell the difference. :graucho:

My mom showed up one day carrying a Liz Claiborne Dooney-imitation. She got it at a thrift shop. It also looked just like zippy14u's satchel. I don't think it was real leather though. I was very surprised by it. It looked identical to a 1980s AWL Dooney except that it had a Liz Claiborne medallion.