Adding a halo to my solitaire!

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
NYC stated it in her other thread......I'm adding a halo to my solitaire. After seeing Kohl_Mascara's lovely Sola, AmelieinParis' beautiful halo, Risingsun's.....Natalie Portman's gorgeous bauble......the halo continues to haunt me!

Yesterday I tried on a sample ring at my Jeweller. It's a "cushion" shaped halo surrounding a round solitaire. Wasn't 100% sold on keeping the cushion shape....thought I'd do more of a "round" halo, but thinking about it and the comments Lily, Sjunky, and Kohl stated, perhaps I will add a cushion halo instead of a round.

I'm keeping as much of my current setting as possible which is a "double-claw prong cathedral setting"

Photos, thoughts, ideas are welcome. Most likely my ring will be dropped off by the end of the week, so I won't be spending too much time searching. I basically know what I want! But it's fun to hear other thoughts and opinions :smile:

Here's what I tried on yesterday. (there's NO airline or gap in this setting.....what you're seeing is my bad camera angle that eludes to one, but it sits tightly with no space)

HaloIV-1.jpg

HaloI-1.jpg

Like this Tacori too

Tacorihalo.jpg

And Lily25's photo

halo_ring_profile_med.jpg

Last edited:
No, you don't want a halo do you!?

LOL!

I'm confused, it's early . . .
you will have a cushion center? Or round?

I "shouldn't" be halo'ing this solitaire.....I love it.....and my 7yr old son will be extremely upset...BUT!!! Seeing Frankie's halo recently and some of the ones the lovely ladies have here....I can't get it out of my head.

I have a round brilliant diamond and will probably add a "cushion" shaped halo.

Speaking of re-sets.......YOUR ring should be ready any day now...yes?? :graucho:

SkyQueen, that Tacori is very "clean" looking and polished.....it's what drew me to that photo

I agree with the others, the Tacori is my favorite. :smile: I definitely prefer cushion shaped halos over round, but it's all a matter of personal preference.

I have a RB center stone with a round halo and I love it! Here is a crappy iphone pic of my e-ring and my soon to be wedding band.

Attachments

• my ring plus wedding band.JPG
    my ring plus wedding band.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 14,757
I love the Tacori, but I think it would look better as a more pave-esque look so as not to detract from your center stone!

What do you think of these??

The last two photos are the same ring!

AS239SETA.jpg

ENG87934.jpg

ENG8793.jpg

I "shouldn't" be halo'ing this solitaire.....I love it.....and my 7yr old son will be extremely upset...BUT!!! Seeing Frankie's halo recently and some of the ones the lovely ladies have here....I can't get it out of my head.

I have a round brilliant diamond and will probably add a "cushion" shaped halo.

Speaking of re-sets.......YOUR ring should be ready any day now...yes?? :graucho:

SkyQueen, that Tacori is very "clean" looking and polished.....it's what drew me to that photo

I'm urging you for a halo that follows the natural line of the center stone, you will not regret it. As I said in the other thread one of the old tricks to make the most of your center stone is a halo that follows the natural line. RB needs round halo, cushion needs cushion shape, and princess needs square shaped halo. Simple as that.
I have to look in my bookmarks for pictures with cushion diamonds & halos, and then post them for inspiration and mass drooling!:graucho:

BTW there is a reason why the classic Tacori ring is so popular. It is one of the most perfect rings. It has inspired all the engagement rings for many years. I agree it looks clean and elegant. Very attractive indeed!

TACORI! And I love the profile of Lily's ring. Beautiful!!! I can't wait to see it!
:biggrin: It is one of my many pictures that I used as reference for my jeweler to build my ring. Although my new ring was build quite many years after my engagement and wedding, I was a total bridegila with the task!:P That would make me a ring-gila? Anyways I had this huuuuge folder with my own sketches, pictures from magazines, prints from the internet and jewelery catalogs.