Paypal - Won't let me use my credit card?

Alea84

Kelly fever
Nov 26, 2006
Girls I'm panicking. I just won a beautiful LV Riberia but Paypal won't let me use my credit card. Has anyone else had this problem? I want the bag and I have the funds to pay for it but I don't want to use my checking account to fund the purchase, I want to use the credit card attached to my paypal like I always do!!! I have never had this problem! Help! :crybaby:

Hi Alea84. I've never had this problem - are you sure that all the information is correctly entered? When I go to pay, I have to manually change the funds from checking account to my credit card - I'm guessing that this is where your problem is happenning.

You're doing the right thing wanting to pay via credit card though - you'd have a lot less come back via bank funds if something goes wrong.

Well, I go to the paypal screen and hit payment options to select my card like I always do and this comes up on the top of the screen:

Attachments

• paypal.JPG
    paypal.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 393
Have you been on Ebay for a while?
Have you purchased something for this higher amount?

When I first started buying on Ebay, I had a paypal limit.
Check your paypal account fine print.

I've contacted paypal... my husband bought something over this amount and didn't have a problem with spending limits. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

I've contacted paypal... my husband bought something over this amount and didn't have a problem with spending limits. Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

My early problem was a dollar limit within a certain time frame if I recall.
Something like 1500 every 30 days. Whatever it was rediculious.
After a few months it changed to unlimited. Ought Oh.

Well I can't get any help with this. Other than this generic message saying that they review each transaction individually and do not reverse decisions and that if the block a payment it's because it was safer for me. I'm so mad/upset right now and I'm not sure what to do.

I know that some cc companys had problems with paypal and some people had to wait a day or two to make payment, but the error message would be different. Yours I've never seen before. Probably the seller only accepts pp funds? Ask both pp and your seller. Good luck!

The seller may have a type of account that can't accept CC. If that's the case, then call Paypal, don't email them. You'll be able to get a live person to help you.