Scarf art?

handbag helen

Dec 5, 2006
I bought this scarf last week, it was the last one and I thought it was really cute, the thing is I don't really wear square scarves, usually just ponytail. So I thought it would look cute in a frame for my "girly" bathroom. I went to Michaels but the cheap poster frame it fit in just looks tacky. So I may look for something else. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• scarf - clover charm 2.jpg
    scarf - clover charm 2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 141
^^LOL thats what I bought it for, but I bought it during the pce event way back in december! I'm getting it framed in ragshop becuase I have an open closet, so I thought it would look cute there. I would have also used it as a bandana for my hair if I wasn't using it as wall art.

If you don't think a frame would go well with it, you could always just have it sandwiched between two pieces of glass. A "frameless" frame, so to speak. So when you hang it up, all you'll see is the scarf for the most part. :smile: I'm pretty sure I've seen that places can do that.

Michaels have frame experts that have probably done something like that. I would ask them.

I think that the scarf would look awesome in a beautiful gold frame with a cream mat maybe.

I have seen clear frames that don't really show at all. I think it is kinda like two box tops and one is just a hair bigger and can fit over the top one. These may be something to look at. It should protect the scarf and lift it off the wall a little bit so it will stand out.
This is a great idea btw.

I know someone on the LV forum had a scarf framed it looked great.

While I can't recommend the Michael's I used to work at, most places that do framing should have someone who knows how to work with fabric, my neighbor gets her cross-stitch pieces done all the time.