black...black...more black....

This is a dream collection. You must have had fun staging the photo. So beautiful. I always want to branch out to other colors but I always come back to the blacks. You just can't go wrong - Ever! By the way - My youngest's name is Emma. So I always love seeing your name.

2muchlux...thank you! I just had the blacks in this photo...update coming soon. I've had probs getting them all in one place!:rolleyes:

emilia, kou: thank you as well. I think my running theme in that pic is subtle, quiet, refined. I'm about to bust out into some color, ladies! Keep an eye out. Color straight ahead!:happydance:

Lady Emma, impressive collection - just wondered, which would you say is your favourite Birkin and which your favourite Kelly and why? Always interesting to hear why somone enjoys a particular bag so much

Lady Emma, impressive collection - just wondered, which would you say is your favourite Birkin and which your favourite Kelly and why? Always interesting to hear why somone enjoys a particular bag so much

Hello Flossy! I'd wondered where you'd gone off to. I was hoping you could point me toward a pre-loved lightweight 40 somewhere. My travels are dragging me down a bit.

Thank you for your kind words. My new mystery Birkin I must say gleams a little bit brighter than any other bag. The glow of the leather and the gold hardware is just so yummy!

My favorite kelly is the croc because my mum gave her to me and I dearly hope to have a daughter someday who I can give it to as well. I've been trying for ages, and sadly, it just isn't happening. I have several other kellys that I also tend to reach for when I want to look very smart in a quiet way. I think that I could never be one or the other...I just love them all so much.
I am trying to get all of my bags in one place so I can do a "family photo!" it's just been quite difficult with being on the go so much...my new husband is constantly being sent to another city and I can't bear to be without him, so I pick up and go as well.

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly welcomed!:heart:

I literally don't own ONE BLACK BAG because I'm afraid if I do, I will fall deeply in love and never wear colour when the black bag is so chic!

But I must admit, your collection DOES make me drool... :drool:

This is so true.......coming from one with 99% black bags! Just recently ventured forth into the color world and even then I just touched a toe in the water with Rouge H. The basics are great because you can jazz up your outfit with fantastic accessories which I'm all for! Jewelry, scarves, killer heels.......this is the fun part!!!!

Hello Flossy! I'd wondered where you'd gone off to. I was hoping you could point me toward a pre-loved lightweight 40 somewhere. My travels are dragging me down a bit.

Thank you for your kind words. My new mystery Birkin I must say gleams a little bit brighter than any other bag. The glow of the leather and the gold hardware is just so yummy!

My favorite kelly is the croc because my mum gave her to me and I dearly hope to have a daughter someday who I can give it to as well. I've been trying for ages, and sadly, it just isn't happening. I have several other kellys that I also tend to reach for when I want to look very smart in a quiet way. I think that I could never be one or the other...I just love them all so much.
I am trying to get all of my bags in one place so I can do a "family photo!" it's just been quite difficult with being on the go so much...my new husband is constantly being sent to another city and I can't bear to be without him, so I pick up and go as well.

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly welcomed!:heart:

So pleased you like the Croc Kelly, they really are timeless, elegant bags aren't they ... do you know how old your one is? you say it was passed from your mother? does it show any wear or is it still in super condition?

I am sure you will soon find a 40cm, they are much easier to come by in Hermès boutiques and I am sure you would be happier buying direct.

I'm afraid as I think I mentioned to you before, the consignment stores in the UK are not the best place to pick up pre-owned Hermès as most of them couldn't authenticate a paper clip.

Congratulations on your recent marriage, you sound very happy

BTW your avatar has a Chanel suit, do you have this suit yourself? v. nice, I particularly like the skirt

So pleased you like the Croc Kelly, they really are timeless, elegant bags aren't they ... do you know how old your one is? you say it was passed from your mother? does it show any wear or is it still in super condition?

I am sure you will soon find a 40cm, they are much easier to come by in Hermès boutiques and I am sure you would be happier buying direct.

I'm afraid as I think I mentioned to you before, the consignment stores in the UK are not the best place to pick up pre-owned Hermès as most of them couldn't authenticate a paper clip.

Congratulations on your recent marriage, you sound very happy

BTW your avatar has a Chanel suit, do you have this suit yourself? v. nice, I particularly like the skirt

Hi, FF...

My kelly is quite old - not sure exactly how old it is, because my mum got it herself as a gift, and it was vintage at that time as well...however, it's in pristine shape. I feel a very lucky girl! Yes, I am over the moon as well as I thought I would never find my soulmate, and he just dropped into my lap. The Chanel suit - yes, I do have this suit. I've been getting so many compliments on the avatar . I truly favor the older styles, solids with contrasting piping. Very hard to find in general, so I'm quite pleased when they bring out something new that I like. With my bag habit, though, I try not to splurge too much on the clothing end. With the skirt, it's best to keep my knees together! Ho ho. Still getting used to the split!:smile:

Love Etriers in that green colourway!! I have the burgundy....

The green is simply gorgeous!
lady emma, I think we are going to need to see you in the Hermes in Action thread ASAP!

Hi Cobalt! As soon as I get my hands on a camera, I'll start posting in Hermes in Action (and as soon as I lose 10 pounds! ha ha);)

flossyfigaro, I have been looking at Lady Emma's avatar and wondered if this was her! LOL.....and I was almost right, as she has this suit! What a gorgeous Chanel:love: *sigh* I live in a part of the country where you seldom see Hermes and NEVER see Chanel so this is a pleasure to me.

Lady Emma, do you attend the shows? I can't imagine just coming across something this lovely by accident.

flossyfigaro, I have been looking at Lady Emma's avatar and wondered if this was her! LOL.....and I was almost right, as she has this suit! What a gorgeous Chanel:love: *sigh* I live in a part of the country where you seldom see Hermes and NEVER see Chanel so this is a pleasure to me.

Lady Emma, do you attend the shows? I can't imagine just coming across something this lovely by accident.

Isus: Thanks, but that's not me in the pic! :roflmfao:
No, I'm blonde and not nearly as lithe, although I'd like to be.
I do attend the shows once in a blue moon, but I have a fabulous contact who can get me things at a great price, and I try not to impose on her too often. This was a very special one.