LV on the floor :(

I love my bags, but they are just bags! I have no problem puting them on the floor, as long as it's not visibly dirty or wet. I personally would think it was more rude to place my bag on somebodys coffee table than for them to put my bag to the floor!

Wow that was rude of whoever put it on the floor! First of all, I would NEVER touch someone else's bag unless it was one of my best friends. If it needed to be moved they should have asked whose it was & either asked if they could move it or ask you to move it. People are crazy!

I love my bags, but they are just bags! [...] I personally would think it was more rude to place my bag on somebodys coffee table than for them to put my bag to the floor!

I agree with this.

To me, the question at a party would be, "How in-demand are the seats?"

If there are a lot of people and not a generous supply of seating areas (or not a generous supply in the vicinity where many people are congregating), then quite frankly, most people would believe that a living, breathing, human deserves the seat sooner than a bag and/or a coat. Especially if they see the bag/coat's owner just standing around chatting with someone else, or even sitting somewhere else (that is, if it's clear that the owner isn't coming right back to sit in that seat themselves). ...... Honestly, at that point, I think most people out there would argue that a human's bottom ( ;) ) would take priority over any bag's bottom.

Another case that was mentioned, where the owner got up, went to the buffet, and came right back ... that's a little different, especially if other guests could easily see that the seat was vacated *only* to get more food and the owner would be immediately returning.

But if you're not going to use the seat to sit in yourself? Than yes, quite frankly, most people would argue they have more right to that seat than your inanimate objects, no matter what brand those objects happen to be. I think we all know that most people out there aren't as keenly focused on their handbags, as the general membership of tpf are. ;)

If you trust the other guests to not steal anything from your handbag, then try to find somewhere out-of-the-way to put your belongings. Ask the hostess if you could put them in a bedroom or something. Somewhere that guests wouldn't want to (or have a normal right to) sit. And if you don't trust the guests enough to leave the bag in another room, then you probably shouldn't be leaving it alone on a seat anyway. :smile:

Last edited:
I can't believe someone touched and moved your purse. Could you imagine seeing someone grabbing your bag when they were doing it, especially if it was someone you didn't know. I would be like WTH!!! Who gave them permission to touch your stuff. I would never touch anyone's purse. My MIL always puts her purse in the worst spots when she comes over and I'll say "Were setting the food out here or the drinks or whatever or I still have to clean that or put the tablecloth on it(you get the point)" and she'll be like "Just move it anywhere" and even with her permission, I HATE moving it. I feel so weird touching her purse and she's my MIL (and we are really close) and it's not expensive and I know she could careless. But a stranger doing it ....UGH horrible manners!

Reactions: fitofrage
This reminds me of a relative visit I went to. The place was so freaking small, before I knew it, someone placed the Gucci bag my mum was using on the floor and a relative spilled COLA into that bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so angry because that happened to be my Gucci bag!!! I immediately went to wash it and was so pissed I almost lose it. Then I didn't speak for the whole gathering. I couldnt wait to leave! The relative did apologize, but what's the use???!!!

I think that is rude. They could have placed it on something else. Maybe a table or something. I have been to a party where I have placed my jacket nicely on an empty chair before and later to find it thrown on the floor! some people are just plain rude! And to the ladies that feel silly having to get a chair for your purse, I'd recommend a purse hook. That thing is an amazing invention!

i suppose that the silver lining is that it was a home, and not a public place? but yea, i don't ever put my bag on the floor...not even at home. and i wouldn't touch someone else's bag. If i wanted to sit on the table, i would have scooted the bag slightly back so that there's room. I wouldn't have placed it on the floor.

and i CRINGE whenever i see people dump their bags in the public bathroom on the floor..THAT is disgusting to me (whenever a toilet flushes, the droplets of water from the toilet will spray everywhere). if there's no place for me to hang the bag, i'm dang well going to clutch it somehow while going.

Your bag was taken up a seat at a party - not a good place to leave it and I can understand someone moving it.

This. And yes I place my bags on the floor, no harm to them at all, it's just a bag. Scuffs on the corners come from use, not being placed on the floor.

I have a friend that refuses to place her bag on seats/chairs in public. She does not want other people's 'butt-germs' on her bags. :P She tells me she imagines some big guy passing gas in that chair, a small child not yet potty trained or a young woman with a very short skirt/booty shorts on in that seat. Those are germs she's not happy about.